Hello all, I have this diagonal: Baader 2" Clicklock 90° Star Diagonal with Carl Zeiss Spec Prism # PRISM-2Z 2456117.
Last night I noticed the prism seems to slide slightly left to right (90 degrees to the optical path), maybe 1mm, enough to cause a knock as the prism slides left to right when handling. There is no movement I can detect up and down or back and forth (along the optical path) that I can detect. I don't notice any image degradation, still great viewing, stars are quite pinpoint.
Questions for the wise here:
- is this a common occurrence with prism diagonals?
- should I open this up and tighten things just enough to stop the sliding?
- what is the alignment procedure for this diagonal should I find I need to align it?
- should I just send it somewhere for service?
- should I leave it as is and just keep using it?