•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Takahashi FSQ85-ED questions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vland

vland

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 29 October 2020 - 08:59 AM

Dear all, I'm thinking about buying:

the optics comes with an included flattener (1.01x). TKA37582

The reducer comes in 2 versions: QE (TKA36580) and CR (TKA82580).

I read that CR version is a better choice because it has no tilts, so less risks of inaccuracies or damage. can anybody confirm this?

Also can anyone confirm if I can use a canon 6D (full frame) without image distorsions with and without the 0.73 reducer?

thank you!

Edited by vland, 29 October 2020 - 09:09 AM.

#2 astrodom

astrodom

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: NY , USA

Posted 29 October 2020 - 09:45 AM

Hi,  I have the FSQ-85-EDX, and its a really great scope!  I highly recommend it.  I have the 0.73 QE reducer as well as the flattener.  I have used this scope with both the reducer and flattener with my Canon 6D with very good results. (IMHO).  With the flattener, stars are round and tight all the way to the corners of the full frame on the 6D.  With the reducer,  I love the fast. F3.8 speed, but the 6D will show some coma in the corners with this setup.  If you apply a small crop, the system is great and fast.

As far as the reducers go, I only have experience with the QE model, but that does contain small screws which hold the reducer to the scope.  If those screws are not kept snug, its possible for the reducer to have tilt, but I have not noticed it with mine so far.  I would call Texas Nautical Repair, since they know a ton about Takahashi scopes and they can recommend the best option. I hope this helps.  Good luck. 

• vland likes this

#3 vland

vland

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 29 October 2020 - 09:49 AM

Thank you Astrodom! great to know

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics