•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Problems with the Big Bang theory?

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#76 bcgilbert

bcgilbert

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Tamworth, NSW, Australia

Posted 26 November 2020 - 02:29 AM

The former is the dominant basis for the field of particle physics and dominant in many related fields such as astrophysics but I guess if you think QM is a farce then what's the point of going into it 

and the latter can be easily found on wikipedia..I am no expert in dark energy ..I just know there is other evidence that suggests dark energy exists

Yeah, maybe a dinosaur, you do sound like those in the early 20th C who thought EM theory would solve everything...I can see why people don't engage with you on these matters,  Sad.

We are at crossed purposes here, I was referring to bare or unbound electrons you are referring the electron levels in an atom which I accept, sorry for the confusion. my original question still holds, what role does the magnetic moment play in high speed electron physics, no one has has responded, even EJN doesn't know or hasn't responded, he ignores me lately, as many do, yes it is sad but I take heart that some of the viewers that don't post are learning to be at least skeptical  about pop science and try to find original research and alternative views.

Best wishes

Barry

Edited by bcgilbert, 26 November 2020 - 02:41 AM.

#77 bcgilbert

bcgilbert

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 26 November 2020 - 08:45 AM

Surely dark energy and or EM has some relevance to the big bang?  What do you think of "inflation"?

Yes you are basically right about the stealth aircraft, except the sources are more diverse, commercial AM, FM, TV, UHF TV, other radars and GPS etc. This stuff tends to be classified, but your are looking for tiny disturbances or distortions in strong signals plus noise, plus subtleties about beam steering, beam locking, phase conjugate noise reduction, how to distinguish between direct signal and the scattered signal, not to mention the humungus computer power etc.   If it were as easy as you make it appear it would have been done years ago and by more countries, a bad choice of test on my part.       It turns out, according to some of my colleagues, that I have met Brian P Schmidt the Nobel Laureate you alerted me to, and I’ll probably be meeting him and shaking his hand again at the official opening of our astronomy and science centre TRAC, in the next month or two, which will house some of his gifted f1 Schmidt cameras and lots of our other astro, radio astro, and physics stuff. he is the Vice-Chancellor & President of  Australian National University,  BS Phys, BS Astro, AM Astro, PhD Astro
   But guess what? I will not be pedelling my crackpot piffle to him because my old dad told me, never look a gift horse in the mouth.

"And just so there is no misunderstanding, I have nothing against modern EM theory, it works fine in many applications just as Newtonian gravitation still is good enough for calculating orbital elements of solar system objects besides Mercury".

Wow what a put down, I’m proposing something much stronger than that, namely that EM is to replace QM, by knocking down, one by one the fundamental pillars of QM, starting with the “photon”, then “entanglement” etc.
   I suppose you think the laser and the FET transistor are a result of some QM research, wrong!     I’m sure we have discussed these two items before, and you criticized my lack of experience with the CN editor, with no comment about the content, I will have another attempt at the history of the transistor and the laser, mainly for the benefit of viewers who may learn something at least about history if not physics. The pop science apologists can criticize, ignore or engage.

I do get a lot of views but few engage?

Barry

Edited by bcgilbert, 26 November 2020 - 08:46 AM.

#78 EJN

EJN

Aurora

• Loc: Between eigenstates

Posted 26 November 2020 - 01:45 PM

Wow what a put down...

It was not intended as one, I don't understand why you think it is?

I’m proposing something much stronger than that, namely that EM is to replace QM...

How will that work for the strong and weak nuclear interactions, which are distinct from EM and are only described by QM?

If it were as easy as you make it appear it would have been done years ago and by more countries, a bad choice of test on my part.

I never said it was easy, don't put words in my mouth. It was 2:00am when I posted it and I was too tired to go into details, OK?

Edited by EJN, 26 November 2020 - 05:19 PM.

• ehanes7612 likes this

#79 DaveC2042

DaveC2042

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Sydney, Australia

Posted 26 November 2020 - 04:32 PM

...but I suspect you have been in this conversation before and the question you posit is a bait

You have hit the nail on the head here.
  • ehanes7612 likes this

#80 ehanes7612

ehanes7612

Ranger 4

• Loc: Seattle, Wa

Posted 26 November 2020 - 05:46 PM

I think most people on here know the question that he posits..it's pretty simple ..I am not going to engage him anymore

#81 bcgilbert

bcgilbert

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 28 November 2020 - 07:35 AM

Maths is just another language, If you cant explain concepts without maths maybe you don’t grasp the concept yourself, or your native language is wonting.
Orthogonal in its original form  meant “at right angles”, it has been used in different disciplines to mean other things, in communication theory it means “real and imaginary components”, it can also mean  “radio stations A, B, and C are orthogonal”, or the far point in perspective in art, unique addressing in programming.   In most uses it means total independence between “things”

Test 1.      Are the independent light switches in your house “orthogonal”?  ..... Answers in back of book

How did I go?

Barry

I guess I should answer this,     It's a bit hard because although the switches are quite independent (there are exceptions), the lights are not truly independent, they have a common source, and the individual lights dim slightly as others are turned on.    This is due to imperfect voltage regulation.   Wish I'd asked a better question!    But you get the general idea?

Barry

#82 bcgilbert

bcgilbert

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 28 November 2020 - 08:01 AM

Barry

I’m proposing something much stronger than that, namely that EM is to replace QM...

EJN

How will that work for the strong and weak nuclear interactions, which are distinct from EM and are only described by QM?

The magnetic moments of the neutrons,  protons and Quarks are all you need (this is a work in progress by one of my colleagues).

#83 Eliserpens

Eliserpens

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Near Guelph Ontario

Posted 28 November 2020 - 08:02 AM

The magnetic moments of the neutrons,  protons and Quarks are all you need (this is a work in progress by one of my colleagues).

Does s/he mind you sharing it?  If it was my original work I would be a bit miffed if I didn't know.  Maybe an abstract published somewhere?

Edited by Eliserpens, 28 November 2020 - 08:03 AM.

#84 bcgilbert

bcgilbert

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 28 November 2020 - 08:31 AM

Does s/he mind you sharing it?  If it was my original work I would be a bit miffed if I didn't know.  Maybe an abstract published somewhere?

Very interesting, he occasionally pops up here on CN but I've forgotten his handle, I will ask him any way,

Barry

#85 Eliserpens

Eliserpens

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 28 November 2020 - 09:39 AM

Very interesting, he occasionally pops up here on CN but I've forgotten his handle, I will ask him any way,

Barry

If you are not sure, maybe you should delete it first...

#86 bcgilbert

bcgilbert

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 28 November 2020 - 11:43 PM

If you are not sure, maybe you should delete it first...

I contacted my colleague, and he doesn't think I'm giving mush away, other than a concept that is probably 50 years old.         I myself have been wrestling with the concept of the magnetic moments of electrons, protons and neutrons as a solution to the wave particle duality paradox for about 25 years and have published on it.   I have read recently articles on the tension between Coulomb forces and magnetic forces in atoms and nuclei, but I can't find a reference right at the moment.

Have you published anything on the concept?

I will delete the post If you wish?

Barry 

Edited by bcgilbert, 28 November 2020 - 11:45 PM.

• Eliserpens likes this

#87 Eliserpens

Eliserpens

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 29 November 2020 - 05:20 AM

I contacted my colleague, and he doesn't think I'm giving mush away, other than a concept that is probably 50 years old.         I myself have been wrestling with the concept of the magnetic moments of electrons, protons and neutrons as a solution to the wave particle duality paradox for about 25 years and have published on it.   I have read recently articles on the tension between Coulomb forces and magnetic forces in atoms and nuclei, but I can't find a reference right at the moment.

Have you published anything on the concept?

I will delete the post If you wish?

Barry 

Sounds like its an old idea - in which case its fine.  I was only worried for your colleague :)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics