•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

New Radian Raptor

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 connerct

connerct

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 13 November 2020 - 12:43 PM

Anyone pre order the new radian raptor 61 and get shipping notification? They have on their page if you ordered before 11/2 they’d be shipped on 11/11. I ordered on 10/31 and still haven’t received any shipping info :(

#2 SunJao

SunJao

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 13 November 2020 - 01:45 PM

Yeah, same here. I ordered on Oct 25 and still no shipment notifications.

Edited by SunJao, 13 November 2020 - 01:48 PM.

#3 connerct

connerct

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 13 November 2020 - 04:54 PM

Yea not sure what’s going on, I had been emailing with their customer service about something else and they had been responding to me pretty quickly. But when I asked about the raptor it went radio silent... the weather has been pretty clear here lately so hard to keep patient. haha

• Austral likes this

#4 NoDarkSkies

NoDarkSkies

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Denver Metro Colorado

Posted 13 November 2020 - 11:16 PM

Bummer mine did not ship out on the 11th, 12th, or the 13th.

The new OPT Website no longer gives Order Status nor Shipping Status so I have no idea what going on with my Order now.
I ordered mine on October 17, 2020 08:50AM. I did create a Owners' Club Thread but it was deleted so we have to put in the one of the other threads that are mostly for saying how bad it is and to high of a cost for a copycat telescope and so on so it it going to be hard for us to help each other out as what is best without others saying we should not have gotten one in the first place.

Edited by NoDarkSkies, 13 November 2020 - 11:23 PM.

#5 connerct

connerct

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 14 November 2020 - 12:51 AM

I’m still able to see order status and history it just still says unfulfilled. And I mean i’m ok with waiting a couple more days but i feel like if they put on the product page that it will ship by a certain date and then they are unable to do so they should have sent some kind of notice saying when to expect it. Especially for a launch they’ve been hyping up so much.

Edited by connerct, 14 November 2020 - 12:52 AM.

#6 EasyQuest

EasyQuest

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 14 November 2020 - 03:54 AM

Pre-ordered on September 30th, during AstroBackyard video premiere. Telescope shipped out on November 11th, 2020 and delivered on November 13th, 2020. First light was the same night. M42, Horsehead and Flame Nebula. Shooting dark frames at the moment. I will post once I edit the image.

-EQ 

• Bomber Bob and SunJao like this

#7 NoDarkSkies

NoDarkSkies

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 14 November 2020 - 09:58 AM

I’m still able to see order status and history it just still says unfulfilled. And I mean i’m ok with waiting a couple more days but i feel like if they put on the product page that it will ship by a certain date and then they are unable to do so they should have sent some kind of notice saying when to expect it. Especially for a launch they’ve been hyping up so much.

Before it would list the Shipping Tracking Number and give status as to Pending Shipping along with the date an item was shipped.
History is all it shows now (Order History) & (Fulfillment Status) No Order Status, not even a link to the item or product that was in the order.

#8 NoDarkSkies

NoDarkSkies

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 14 November 2020 - 10:02 AM

Pre-ordered on September 30th, during AstroBackyard video premiere. Telescope shipped out on November 11th, 2020 and delivered on November 13th, 2020. First light was the same night. M42, Horsehead and Flame Nebula. Shooting dark frames at the moment. I will post once I edit the image.

-EQ 

Lucky You, Can you post your first light image?

Edited by NoDarkSkies, 14 November 2020 - 10:03 AM.

#9 EasyQuest

EasyQuest

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 14 November 2020 - 10:27 AM

Lucky You, Can you post your first light image?

Here is my first light. I did a separate post of the scope as well. I included the picture of the scope here.

CN Forum - M42, Runnig Man, Horsehead, Flame.jpg

Radian Raptor 61.jpg

• AZStarGuy, niteskystargazer, T1R2 and 3 others like this

#10 NoDarkSkies

NoDarkSkies

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 14 November 2020 - 10:45 AM

Cool Image, much larger field of view then I was thinking but even better so.
Thanks for the image of the Camera Setup that will really help me setup mine.

Edited by NoDarkSkies, 14 November 2020 - 10:48 AM.

#11 SunJao

SunJao

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 14 November 2020 - 12:48 PM

Here is my first light. I did a separate post of the scope as well. I included the picture of the scope here.

Wow...Great show! Congrats!

• connerct likes this

#12 noexperience

noexperience

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 14 November 2020 - 02:41 PM

I called Opt on Friday.  They said they only received 1/2 of the 250 they ordered for first shipment.  They said the rest should arrive this Monday.  They have more orders than they can fill with the first 250 anyway.  Any orders after 11/2 will be back ordered.

• SunJao and EasyQuest like this

#13 EasyQuest

EasyQuest

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 14 November 2020 - 03:35 PM

I called Opt on Friday.  They said they only received 1/2 of the 250 they ordered for first shipment.  They said the rest should arrive this Monday.  They have more orders than they can fill with the first 250 anyway.  Any orders after 11/2 will be back ordered.

That is good to know. so only 250 are to ship to customers on the first batch. I did wondered how many preordered. 

#14 NoDarkSkies

NoDarkSkies

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 15 November 2020 - 12:14 AM

Maybe it is not to late to cancel orders on Monday, being they did not make enough and even more so because they did not even let those who did pre-order before 11/2 will even receive their order this year.

Edited by NoDarkSkies, 15 November 2020 - 12:16 AM.

• connerct likes this

#15 connerct

connerct

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 15 November 2020 - 02:15 PM

Well the way he made it sound is that 250 preordered before 11/2. They only received half of those last week to ship, but they should get the rest on monday to ship for the first batch. So hopefully that is the case. But I agree if they knew the issue they should have communicated it to the pre-order folks via e-mail.

#16 elginroad87

elginroad87

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 15 November 2020 - 06:28 PM

Would you know how does it compare to the newer version of RedCat 51LX? I am new to Astrophotography and looking for my first imaging scope to pair it with ZWO 1600MM Pro. I have shortlisted Raptor 61 and RedCat 51 LX.

#17 NoDarkSkies

NoDarkSkies

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 15 November 2020 - 07:36 PM

"Radian Telescopes Raptor 61 Electronic Focuser Upgrade" Shows In Stock but I have not revived any email saying that they have Shipped out my Order for one.

Edited by NoDarkSkies, 15 November 2020 - 07:36 PM.

#18 NoDarkSkies

NoDarkSkies

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 15 November 2020 - 07:42 PM

Would you know how does it compare to the newer version of RedCat 51LX? I am new to Astrophotography and looking for my first imaging scope to pair it with ZWO 1600MM Pro. I have shortlisted Raptor 61 and RedCat 51 LX.

You might find some info in this Thread https://www.cloudyni...-raptor-61-f45/

or  https://www.cloudyni...buts-on-market/

Also a new Thread about them in this Thread https://www.cloudyni...dian-raptor-61/

#19 NoDarkSkies

NoDarkSkies

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 17 November 2020 - 02:56 PM

Mine shipped out today hamsterdance.gif 

• Astronut07 likes this

#20 noexperience

noexperience

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 17 November 2020 - 03:33 PM

Mine shipped as well.

#21 connerct

connerct

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 17 November 2020 - 04:33 PM

Yep mine shipped today as well. woohoo

#22 juvaknin

juvaknin

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 18 November 2020 - 05:53 AM

mine shipped yesterday also.. after few fights with them about that they commited to ship on 11.11, they shipped mine on 17.11 after many e-mails without explenations...

#23 noexperience

noexperience

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 18 November 2020 - 09:43 AM

That's too bad.  When a called we had a productive conversation.  They answered all my questions and told me their vendor shipped short.  I have it next Monday.

#24 xraydrummer

xraydrummer

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 18 November 2020 - 12:17 PM

Hello,  Newbie here, 50 yr + photographer, new to Astro.

Recently purchased, and received a Radian Raptor. By initial observation, a well made piece of optical equipment.

My only other experience being with a Meade 4500, which after dusting off and fooling around with for the summer

engendered the purchase of the Raptor. What I was not prepared for, but am now catching up on, is the proliferation

of optical adapters and mismatches therein. My present conundrum is Radian says:

"We chose a simple, industry-standard M48 thread size with full frame sensors in mind for this very reason.

Simply attach an M48 wide T-ring with any DSLR or Mirrorless camera and you're ready to image."

No so. According to Agena Astroproducts, a site with quite a comprehensive discussion of adapters, thread types, etc,

the "Wide" T-Thread or 48mm T-Thread (M48x0.75) is "a recent entrant to astronomy"

So here's the issue: Finding adapters for both my Astro modified Full frame F type mount Nikon D600 and also one

for my Nikon Z6 Mirrorless full frame, Z type mount, to the Raptors M48.

I believe I have an answer to one, in the Sky-Watcher S20301 M48 Camera Adaptor for Nikon, which I have on order from

B&H and which should, hopefully address the D600 's F type mount, we will see tomorrow, but have found nothing for the newer

Z6's Z  type mount to M48.

#25 Noobulosity

Noobulosity

Viking 1

• Loc: Loveland, CO

Posted 18 November 2020 - 01:01 PM

Hello,  Newbie here, 50 yr + photographer, new to Astro.

Recently purchased, and received a Radian Raptor. By initial observation, a well made piece of optical equipment.

My only other experience being with a Meade 4500, which after dusting off and fooling around with for the summer

engendered the purchase of the Raptor. What I was not prepared for, but am now catching up on, is the proliferation

of optical adapters and mismatches therein. My present conundrum is Radian says:

"We chose a simple, industry-standard M48 thread size with full frame sensors in mind for this very reason.

Simply attach an M48 wide T-ring with any DSLR or Mirrorless camera and you're ready to image."

No so. According to Agena Astroproducts, a site with quite a comprehensive discussion of adapters, thread types, etc,

the "Wide" T-Thread or 48mm T-Thread (M48x0.75) is "a recent entrant to astronomy"

So here's the issue: Finding adapters for both my Astro modified Full frame F type mount Nikon D600 and also one

for my Nikon Z6 Mirrorless full frame, Z type mount, to the Raptors M48.

I believe I have an answer to one, in the Sky-Watcher S20301 M48 Camera Adaptor for Nikon, which I have on order from

B&H and which should, hopefully address the D600 's F type mount, we will see tomorrow, but have found nothing for the newer

Z6's Z  type mount to M48.

Agena Astro also lists M48 t-rings for Nikon from William Optics.  I just bought the Canon version and it's a nice, snug fit with zero play at all.  Hopefully the Nikon version is just as good.

WO Nikon F-mount T-rings:

https://agenaastro.c...m-nk-f-m48.html

They also make a "high precision" version from plated copper, but it's pricey.

https://agenaastro.c...-tr-br48-n.html

EDIT:  Noticed you mentioned Z-mount, not F-mount.  Here's the WO version for Z-mount:

https://agenaastro.c...ess-camera.html

Edited by Noobulosity, 18 November 2020 - 01:29 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics