•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Musings over Mars

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TimVerst

TimVerst

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 15 November 2020 - 01:23 PM

Braved the first frosty forecast of the season Tuesday evening GMT for a couple of hours at the eyepiece under clear South London skies to have a go at sketching the Red Planet before the distance becomes too great.

Click here to view the article

#2 SeaLint

SeaLint

Sputnik

• Loc: Mobile, AL

Posted 19 November 2020 - 11:41 PM

Sounds like you had a nice time at the scope! The above looks very similar to what I saw (and felt) a few nights ago behind my scope. Cheers!

Loved the comment from your daughter - sounds like something mine would say.  Haha! You had better get those pencils replaced! 

• BFaucett likes this

#3 Nippon

Nippon

Soyuz

• Loc: Central Florida

Posted 23 November 2020 - 01:33 PM

I followed Mars from September when it was quite small using your Mewlon's little sister. Had some very good views all along the way and it seems to be getting smaller now faster than it got bigger.

#4 MHamburg

MHamburg

Vanguard

• Loc: Brooklyn, NY/Berkshires, MA

Posted 29 November 2020 - 12:45 PM

Thanks for this nice report and sketch!

Michael

#5 Magnus Ahrling

Magnus Ahrling

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Visby, Gotland, Sweden 57:30N.

Posted Today, 06:02 PM

Thanks! Wonderful report. Here I am out in the dark observing Mars with good result while I can hear our civilization and birds as Luna shines on me. I like that. No must do that or this or whatever, just enjoying the view in the eypiece.

By the way

The sketch is so fine!

Magnus

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics