•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

WIMP Programs for Solar System Geeks

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff B1

Jeff B1

Gemini

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: South Central Florida

Posted 16 November 2020 - 08:06 AM

Does anyone here use my WIMP programs?  Some new features in WIMP.  I have modified the Wimp Real-Time programs with a new method of date entry.  Read the Wimp.pdf file ( https://dustymars.ne...es.org/WIMP.pdf )  in chapter WHAT IS ON THE DISPLAY PANELS for the new method.  As usual, if you find errors please let me know.

#2 Jeff B1

Jeff B1

Gemini

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 November 2020 - 08:17 AM

After revising WIMP with a new date entry some users were not so keen with the new date entry and like the old way better; so I am thinking of going back to the old version.  What do yawl think?

#3 Rick Kapela

Rick Kapela

Explorer 1

• Loc: Newnan, GA

Posted 20 November 2020 - 11:22 AM

Never heard of this before, but I will take a look!

#4 Jeff B1

Jeff B1

Gemini

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 20 November 2020 - 01:06 PM

Never heard of this before, but I will take a look!

It's for WIndows BTW.

#5 Jeff B1

Jeff B1

Gemini

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 20 November 2020 - 02:58 PM

Okay, this is really of no big deal or importance to anyone but a few, so because of the ease in working the older version of WIMP it will be put back and the new version will be taken down.  So!

#6 Jeff B1

Jeff B1

Gemini

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 28 November 2020 - 10:05 AM

As a precaution I removed the Wimp programs because I was experiencing some Trojans, viruses and malware pop up in Norton's.  So I ran a full scan in Norton's, Malwarebytes, SUPERAntiSpyware and the, in Safe Mode, with zero results. So, reading a barrage of posts o Norton's community about some of the stuff I find it was all false positives anyway.  Something in a few of the Wimp routines, Venus, Neptune and the Sun, have instruction codes that must trigger the anti-virus detectors.  So I will put the Wimp stuff back after a few days of further testing.  I hate hackers!!!!!

Jeff 

#7 dhkaiser

dhkaiser

Viking 1

Posted 28 November 2020 - 10:11 AM

I have no idea what a wimp is, other than a amateur astronomer who will not observe in sub freezing weather.

• planet earth likes this

#8 Jeff B1

Jeff B1

Gemini

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 28 November 2020 - 10:41 AM

I have no idea what a wimp is, other than a amateur astronomer who will not observe in sub freezing weather.

read this: https://dustymars.ne...es.org/WIMP.pdf

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics