•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Mars 17/11, the Eye is closed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HentySky

HentySky

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 November 2020 - 06:15 AM

Attached is an image I captured under very good seeing showing the progress of the storm that a lot of contributors have reported.  I have included the image I captured on 13/11 to show the progression.

The dust is still prominent in Valles Marineris but it appears in the image that the dust is spilling out in the eastern half of the valley down towards Argyre Planitia then drifting west to cover Solis Planum, effectively closing the Eye of Mars.  In addition there seems to be a concentration of the dust in the upper part of Solis Planum.

Thanks for looking.

Attached Thumbnails

• Mars 13_11 17_11.jpg

• Sunspot, JMP, Jeffrey C. and 23 others like this

#2 Vega700

Vega700

Messenger

• -----

Posted 18 November 2020 - 10:27 AM

Again, nicely captured Brett and you can really see that dust whirling across..waytogo.gif

#3 Foc

Foc

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: South Canberra

Posted 19 November 2020 - 08:17 PM

Another excellent image Brett.  The thought of dust in the Eye of Mars is a painful one, unless you are mono-visualizing it Tolkein-like as the Eye of Sauron   :D

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics