•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Tak FS 152 objective removal for cleaning

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#26 Rick Runcie

Rick Runcie

Explorer 1

• topic starter

Posted 25 November 2020 - 10:14 AM

I do appreciate all who have chimed in and are trying to help me with this endeavor. I'm heading over to a buddies in a little bit to see if he has small enough Allen wrenches that I can use to see if I can remove that set screw or loosen it. I figure I might as well start with that first and see before I move on to another avenue. Thank you all for taking the time to respond to my questions. Richard

#27 Rick Runcie

Rick Runcie

Explorer 1

• topic starter

Posted 25 November 2020 - 11:27 AM

Just got back from my buddies fortunately one of his Allen wrenches fit and it had no nail polish on it it loosened up fine had to get my sister to hold lthe tube for me and took the objective off now I got to get to cleaning it thank you all again. Richard
  • BRCoz, doctordub, plyscope and 3 others like this

#28 SandyHouTex

SandyHouTex

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Houston, Texas, USA

Posted 25 November 2020 - 08:01 PM

Just got back from my buddies fortunately one of his Allen wrenches fit and it had no nail polish on it it loosened up fine had to get my sister to hold lthe tube for me and took the objective off now I got to get to cleaning it thank you all again. Richard

Congratulations.

#29 Rick Runcie

Rick Runcie

Explorer 1

• topic starter

Posted 26 November 2020 - 11:27 AM

Thank you, was a relief. One question though, l noticed that once screwed back on the cell's screw thread shows a thin edge of "shiny" medal. What flat black paint is recommended to be used here so close to the objective? Thanks again for all the assistance. Richard

#30 doctordub

doctordub

Vanguard

• Loc: New Rochelle, New York

Posted 26 November 2020 - 02:37 PM

I would skip the paint and use a black sharpie marker on the screw.

CS

Jonathan

• Scott in NC, payner and R_Huntzberry like this

#31 Rick Runcie

Rick Runcie

Explorer 1

• topic starter

Posted 26 November 2020 - 03:41 PM

Thanx Jonathan for your response. I was wondering about using a sharpie. Less chance of an accident. Best regards, Richard
  • doctordub likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics