•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Network controled switch and variable power unit?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 George P Dunham

George P Dunham

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Crawford,CO USA

Posted 21 November 2020 - 06:33 PM

I am looking for a low price unit to power my flat panel that is network controled and can vary power for adjusting light level.  All my equipment is network switched but I need a software controllable brightness and on/off for the flat panel.  I believe my best option is to control it on the 12vdc side.

#2 Dan Crowson

Dan Crowson

Mercury-Atlas

• Moderators
  • Loc: Dardenne Prairie, MO

Posted 21 November 2020 - 07:13 PM

If you don't want to DIY, the Spike-A-Flat panels have a usb controller that can do this. They have a stand-alone program or you can use an ASCOM driver/Alnitak emulator written by Andy Galasso.

Dan

#3 StarmanDan

StarmanDan

Aurora

• Loc: Where the stars at night are big and bright...

Posted 21 November 2020 - 08:45 PM

My club uses one of these to remotely control our flat lamps. It requires a pc to operate it but I imagine you are already controlling things via a pc already.

https://www.insteon.com/dimmer-outlet

It does require a "hub" which allows the computer software to talk to the dimmer through the electrical wiring.

#4 George P Dunham

George P Dunham

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Crawford,CO USA

Posted 22 November 2020 - 10:13 AM

Thanks for the input.

I have been thinking about the best way to do work this out. 

I use Digital-Loggers network power switch.  My filter setup is manual for a hyperstar setup up so don't really need to dim or brighten via software, just turn the panel on and off.  The Digital-Loggers switch supports scripts and the automation software supports scripts.  I should be able to manage this by a script.  I guess I will need to learn how to do that. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics