•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Is there automated guiding calibration within NINA?

astrophotography
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Roger123456

Roger123456

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 21 November 2020 - 08:23 PM

I guess I know the answer to this having read all can find on NINA and PHD2, but I'll ask anyway just in case...

Is there anyway that NINA can command and execute a PHD2 Guiding calibration after a rotation of the image train (Flattener, OAG, Filter Tray, ASI2600MC), or is there anyway that PHD can recalculate the calibration if it is told how much rotation has occurred by NINA?   It's not a major issue for me since I manually rotate, more of a convenience to do this within NINA,  but how do those with auto rotators and OAGs manage?

This is on an EQ6-R with an Esprit 100ED.  

#2 Linwood

Linwood

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Ft Myers, Florida, USA

Posted 21 November 2020 - 09:37 PM

That's a very good question.  I just looked in the new sequencer (in their nightlies) and do not see it there. 

You might ask on Discord.  I'd like to do it also, to calibrate every night as the first step since my train is never identical when I put everything together.

#3 tkottary

tkottary

Viking 1

• Loc: SunnyVale ,CA

Posted 21 November 2020 - 09:55 PM

yes you can with the new sequencer 1.11 nightly builds.

• jerahian likes this

#4 Linwood

Linwood

Apollo

• -----

Posted 21 November 2020 - 09:59 PM

yes you can with the new sequencer 1.11 nightly builds.

AH... I see it now, it's an option on Start Guiding.  I was looking for a separate step. 

That's great.

Are you using the nightlies?   I've just been following along offline, still using beta.  Are the nightlies generally working suitable to use?   (I mean, I realize they are less reliable even than betas by definition, but... generally speaking?)

• jerahian likes this

#5 Phishin_phool

Phishin_phool

Mariner 2

• Loc: Ohio

Posted 22 November 2020 - 12:02 AM

AH... I see it now, it's an option on Start Guiding.  I was looking for a separate step. 

That's great.

Are you using the nightlies?   I've just been following along offline, still using beta.  Are the nightlies generally working suitable to use?   (I mean, I realize they are less reliable even than betas by definition, but... generally speaking?)

I'm not sure how but I ended up d/l one of the nightly a while back and since then I have just been d/l them each time and have been pleased and the new features and upgrades seem to work well. Every once in a while  I will go for a bit without grabbing the new build but I have been trying to keep up.

• Linwood likes this

#6 jerahian

jerahian

Apollo

• Loc: Maine

Posted 22 November 2020 - 01:12 AM

I’ve been using the 1.11 nightlies since build #1, and I just finished working on a 4-panel mosaic using the new sequencer.  Given how early this is in its development, it’s pretty solid!

• RossW and Linwood like this

#7 Roger123456

Roger123456

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 23 November 2020 - 06:32 AM

Thanks all, I will give the 1.11 nightly load a try tonight.

How do those of you with motorised rotators and OAG manage without this? 

#8 Linwood

Linwood

Apollo

• -----

Posted 23 November 2020 - 10:57 AM

How do those of you with motorised rotators and OAG manage without this? 

Intervention by mouse. smirk.gif

I no longer remember how I managed without an electronic focuser.  Yet somehow my earlier images were in focus.

I'm just waiting for the link to home assistant, so I can say "Hey Google, get the telescope set up outside, and image the Horsehead at 2000mm tonight in narrow band, post process in HSO pallet". 

Except of course then I need a new hobby. lol.gif

• tkottary likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics