•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Which adapter do I need?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 spiantino

spiantino

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 21 November 2020 - 11:40 PM

Hi all,

I'm seeing my camera droop a little on the back end, which I believe is because there's a not-so-solid connection between my Hutech field flattener (designed for a solid 2" tube) and the compression ring adapter that comes with the scope. So I'd like to replace the compression ring with a real adapter tube.

The question is, what kind of adapter am I looking for? the scope is an ED 127 CF, and I believe the larger tube of the focuser is 3", but I can't seem to find anything resembling a 3" to 2" adapter (non-compression) out there.

Pic below - you can see the silver screws for the compression ring in the middle, and the 2" stuff on the right and 3" extensions coming off the focuser on the left. anyone know what I need?

IMG_0005 (2).jpeg

Thanks!

-sp

Edited by spiantino, 21 November 2020 - 11:41 PM.

#2 drd715

drd715

Viking 1

• Loc: Fort Lauderdale

Posted 22 November 2020 - 02:06 AM

First contact ES about your scope and they can tell you more about your focuser threads. The part attached to the draw tube end which clamps a 2 inch eyepiece should unscrew from the draw tube. Those are the thread size you need to attach your flattener to (and maybe some threaded extensions). You may need an extension which has the draw tube thread on one end and the thread size on the other end that matches your flattener - and then the correct spacers between flattener and camera.

I would call Starizona or other astro vendor of your choice for some advice about which adapters you need. Starizona has quite a selection.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#3 spiantino

spiantino

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 November 2020 - 12:10 PM

Good call on contacting the vendors. Will give them a ring

Indeed that compression ring does screw out of the extension tube btw

Thanks!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics