•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Vignette with ASI1600MM 1.25" Filters

accessories astrophotography beginner CMOS equipment filters imaging Meade optics
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tartarrsauce

Tartarrsauce

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Wakayama, Japan

Posted 22 November 2020 - 12:30 AM

I recently got the ASI1600MM to use with my Meade 70mm Quad f/5. On the ZWO website and in their manual, it states that the 1.25" filters are good for scopes up to f/5, yet I still have vignette with different gain settings and exposures. The vignette isn't so bad on the Ha filter, but in SII and OIII it's prominent even before stretching in post. I know that flats can fix this issue, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue? How did you fix the issue? What gain/exposures do you use for narrowband and LRGB? I've read that the back focus for this scope is 43mm. Anyone know anything?

My imaging train is Telescope>16.5mm extension>EFW>ASI1600MM

Any help will be extremely helpful. 

Thank you. 

#2 alphatripleplus

alphatripleplus

World Controller

• Moderators
  • Loc: Georgia

Posted 22 November 2020 - 08:36 AM

I don't have this camera, but I suspect that you would have to mount the 1.25inch filters closer than the filter wheel to camera separation to avoid vignetting with a fast scope and sensor of that size. 

#3 Tartarrsauce

Tartarrsauce

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Wakayama, Japan

Posted 23 November 2020 - 01:58 AM

Strange. I've read in the forums here that people had no issue with vignette using this exact setup. Oh well. Nothing flats can't fix. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: accessories, astrophotography, beginner, CMOS, equipment, filters, imaging, Meade, optics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics