- Telescope: Astronz 8" RC
- Guide scope: Skyrover 60mm guide scope
- Mount: iOptron CEM25p
- Camera: unmodified Nikon D7100
- Guide Camera: QHY 5L-II Colour camera
- SiriL 0.99.4
This is my first real attempt at long exposure DSO through a telescope and my first time guiding.
- 26 Light frames @ 180 seconds giving me a total of 78 mins, although I don't know if SiriL used all of them (I used the built in script for stacking and don't know if it culls the worst frames).
- 20 Bias/offset
- 10 Dark (I would have liked more, but the camera battery was going flat)
- 0 Flats (flat battery).
Stacking in SiriL was as simple as setting the working directory then running the OSC stacking script.
Processing was also done in SiriL.
- Remove Green Noise
- Background Extraction
- Colour Calibration
- Asinh Transformation
Finally it was finished off in GIMP with some noise reduction, sharpening and a resize.
I know there are some 'issues' with it.
Top right corner has oval shaped stars, which I think means my collimation needs to be improved a little, and the stars are blown out (perhaps a second lot of shorter exposures and a star mask to fix this up?)... A few more darks would have been nice (as well as taking some flats)... But overall, I'm quite happy with how this turned out for a first real attempt.
Any feedback, or comments on how I could improve are more than welcome.