•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Hand control holder

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Nexus4

Nexus4

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: south lincolnshire

Posted 22 November 2020 - 05:54 AM

Does anyone know where I can buy one of these from in the uk. or anything similar.

https://starizona.co...control-bracket

#2 Noah4x4

Noah4x4

Soyuz

• Loc: Colchester UK

Posted 22 November 2020 - 07:05 AM

I don't think you will find a UK supplier or a similar item, but it's a great bit of kit as it affixes your HC above the point of rotation. It is a shame Starizona don't sell or licence the template to a UK supplier as I guess it is merely 3D printer plastic.

I bought mine directly from Starizona. Shipping wasn't cheap (the website confirms options/costs to the UK), but it arrived in under a week.  Over the past few years, I have also bought a Hyperstar,  Feathertouch Microfocuser and MKIT20 focuser controller from Starizona. All promptly despatched and arrived in the UK inside a week. Starizona is a very reliable supplier, albeit across the Atlantic. 

• king1522 likes this

#3 DaleEh

DaleEh

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Moorefield, Ontario

Posted 22 November 2020 - 07:08 AM

I believe on some of the 3D printing web sites there are plans for various holders. If you know someone with a 3D printer, or want to pay a 3D printer to print one, that may save you shipping charges. 

#4 Nexus4

Nexus4

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: south lincolnshire

Posted 22 November 2020 - 10:17 AM

It is a nice bit of kit ,ideal, might have to modify a mobile phone holder instead or fabricate one in my workshop then, cant  be too hard.

#5 Whichwayisnorth

Whichwayisnorth

Gemini

• Loc: Southern California

Posted 27 November 2020 - 01:59 PM

I bought one of those in the past.  Living where it is very hot it actually melted and the hand paddle fell to the ground (concrete) and was scratched up.  

Just use velcro.

#6 audioengr

audioengr

Messenger

Posted 27 November 2020 - 02:35 PM

I got the Starizona holder and it broke when I was carrying it by the handle.  Put two screws into it and glued with superglue and it's holding okay now.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics