•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

LX200R 10" with the help of Dr. Clay

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
206 replies to this topic

#201 JerryWise

JerryWise

Cosmos

• topic starter

Posted 11 November 2006 - 07:02 PM

Thanks to everyone here for their input and especially Jerry who should run for President! Go Jerry :usa:

Morris, thanks but I have the political personality resembling the South end of the Democratic Party mascot moving in a Northerly direction.

#202 Joad

Joad

Wordsmith

Posted 11 November 2006 - 07:43 PM

*post deleted by Joad*

:wron:

#203 mdine1us

mdine1us

Messenger

Posted 16 November 2006 - 03:41 PM

Well, the verdict is in. I had a chance to test out the repaired scope, and....It looks good! It was not collimated well when it arrived, however, with a bit of tweaking, it shaped right up. Now it seems to hold collimation on either side of focus pretty nicely. A MAJOR difference indeed. Wheew!!

Thanks to Jerry and all for pushing this through with Meade. It now looks like I have a good replacement for my LX200GPS!

Marty

#204 Moggi1964

Moggi1964

Soyuz

Posted 16 November 2006 - 03:48 PM

Thanks to everyone here for their input and especially Jerry who should run for President! Go Jerry :usa:

Morris, thanks but I have the political personality resembling the South end of the Democratic Party mascot moving in a Northerly direction.

I'm a Brit so you might have to provide some detail on the mascot bit! Or just decline the nomination on breakfast news!!

#205 NeoDinian

NeoDinian

Experienced Postmaster

Posted 16 November 2006 - 03:53 PM

I'm a Brit so you might have to provide some detail on the mascot bit! Or just decline the nomination on breakfast news!!

Heheh. The Democratic mascot is a Donkey (*Gosh, dang dibbity dag nabbit* )... :)

#206 NeoDinian

NeoDinian

Experienced Postmaster

Posted 16 November 2006 - 03:54 PM

Wow... They changed the GNaughty Gnome censorship...

#207 AstroTay

AstroTay

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 24 November 2006 - 09:34 AM

Does anyone know why the LX200R gives Altitude as +42deg 48'

I got that last nite when I pressed Mode for more than 2 secs to check my location.
BTW...this is a great scope. No probs as yet.
Cheers

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics