•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Flummoxed -- Asi2600mc First Light -- Problems with Integration

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 durak

durak

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Utah

Posted 22 November 2020 - 12:11 PM

Hey everyone. I just added a OSC camera to compliment my asi1600mm pro as I recently moved to Bortle 2 (21.95) skies. The imaging session overall went well (except some minor spacing issues and my OAG prism slightly obstructing the light path). When I go to process the images via Astro Pixel Processor, everything goes as expected until I integrate. Below is a single 2-minute calibrated, registered, and normalized light:

single frame.JPG

Not the best, but for first light with a half-moon, I was happy. 

Now, when I integrate, the following is output:

Integrated.JPG

shocked.gif  I have redone the integration a few times, tweaking a few settings, with the same result. I suspected that the calibration frames might be to blame but then I thought if that were the case the problem would have shown up on each individual frame since they were all calibrated using the same flats, dark-flats, and darks prior to integration. 

Admittedly, processing has always been my weakest attribute in the whole work flow. Any thoughts? bow.gif

#2 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Refractor wienie no more

• Loc: NE Ohio

Posted 22 November 2020 - 12:28 PM

The greenish cast is to be expected because that camera collects twice as much green light as red and blue. It isn't a problem. You can either set relative multipliers during deBayering or just correct the color balance later.

• durak likes this

#3 TelescopeGreg

TelescopeGreg

Vanguard

• -----
  • Loc: Auburn, California, USA

Posted 22 November 2020 - 04:15 PM

Look at the camera's red & blue color balance settings.  As it comes from the factory, they're set at 52 and 95, and the resulting colors are a mess.  Recommendation is to use 50 & 50.

• sn2006gy likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics