•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Mewlon 180 autofocus questions

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Oyaji

Oyaji

Vostok 1

• ****-
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Central Illinois, USA

Posted 24 November 2020 - 05:32 PM

IF I were to purchase a Mewlon 180, and I wanted to do a little astrophotography, what might be the best way to add autofocusing? 

I'm thinking a motorized Moonlite like I presently have on my Edge 9.25 and my Orion 190M-N.  Three questions arise:

1.  Would that work? 

2.  Would that work with the .8x Tak reducer?

3.  Are there other alternatives?  

Thanks, y'all!  

P.S.  To state the obvious, if I'm asking the question, it's more like "when" then "if".  That Edge 9.25 is just a little too heavy to tote around.  At 69, I'm not getting any younger!    

Edited by Oyaji, 24 November 2020 - 05:36 PM.

#2 lwbehney

lwbehney

Explorer 1

Posted 26 November 2020 - 10:47 PM

Hello Oyaji,

I had a ยต180c briefly and liked it very well, but had difficulty getting it perfectly collimated and so returned it. However, I liked it very well for its great contrast on DSO's at low powers. I also loved how light it was. 

Terry Wood has taken beautiful photos of Mars with his and I would ask him about his set-up if you are interested in planetary photography.  Incidentally, Anacortes has hinted that there will be a price increase very soon for Mewlons. I have also heard that if you ordered now, you might get one in your hands in February. 

-Larry

Central Indiana

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics