•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Mars 2020-11-24 RGB, Colour, IR

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ittaku

Ittaku

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Melbourne, Australia

Posted 25 November 2020 - 12:26 AM

These were hard fought to be obtained as all the capturing equipment I was unfamiliar with and the weather has been horrible but it predicted to improve after midnight so I stayed up waiting and was finally rewarded, but seeing was still pretty ordinary. All were captured with a QHY462C camera, including even the RGB filter version, but I massage it to behave like a mono camera.

CPC Deluxe 1100 HD, QHY 462C, with or without Explore Scientific 3x Focal Extender AND GSO 0.5x Reducer (I know, funky combination to get 1.5x). Captured in Firecapture, stacked in Autostakkert, and processed in The GIMP.

This one is undersampled at F/10 with the native colour of the camera.

2020 11 24 1301 7 L Mars L6 ap64

This is infrared IR850 also at F/10 which is likely the correct focal ratio at these frequencies.

2020 11 24 1251 7 IR Mars L6 ap59

Finally this is a composite made by pretending the camera is mono and taking RGB filtered captures and spending a bucketload of time extracting and massaging the data. This is close to optimally sampled at F/15.

2020 11 24 1348 RGB Mars

Edited by Ittaku, 25 November 2020 - 12:34 AM.

• sfugardi, eros312, happylimpet and 7 others like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics