•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

PHD2 Simulator Question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mic1970

mic1970

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: St. Louis Metro Area

Posted 25 November 2020 - 02:28 PM

I'm trying to connect my new mount to PHD2 on a rainy day using the simulator.  When I hook up the camera directly to the mount, the simulator will calibrate and work fine.  When I hook up the mount to my computer with ASCOM, PHD2 will connect.  However, it will not move the mount in calibration or guiding.   Does anyone know if it should work both ways.  

Does anyone have the process from scratch to hook the PC to the mount, then to PHD2, and then it works.  I know the mount is connected because I can make it move in both EQMod and NINA.  If important PHD2 is reading data from the mount, because it gave me a calibration error that the mount was not below 20 degrees dec.  If you have a routine to share, please.  

Edited by mic1970, 25 November 2020 - 02:31 PM.

#2 mic1970

mic1970

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 November 2020 - 02:48 PM

I tried connecting it as Device Hub ASCOM and EQMOD HEQ6.  No difference.  I also increased the pulse rate in EQMOD to max.  Again, no difference.  

#3 mic1970

mic1970

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 07 December 2020 - 11:24 PM

Solved... to use a term from my old Air Force days: it was an ID10T error (or IDIOT).  When I was in simulator mode, it was also simulating the mount as the mount was marked as "on camera".  So I thought my mount was moving during calibration, but it was not.  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics