•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Skysafari + SGP Pro + IEQ45 Pro

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 m_abukhalid

m_abukhalid

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 November 2020 - 02:37 PM

Has anyone gotten skysafari to work with SGP Pro? I am connecting to the mount (IEQ45 Pro) wirelessly through the Starfi module (port 8899 and a defined static IP). I have followed the following directions to no avail:

https://help.sequenc...opesMounts.html

Anyone got this combination working? I can connect wirelessly direct to the mount but not through SGP Pro.

#2 Jeff2011

Jeff2011

Soyuz

• Loc: Sugar Land, TX

Posted 30 November 2020 - 10:24 PM

I use it all the time with my AstroPhysics mount but I don’t connect wirelessly to the mount. SGP acts like a proxy between the mount and SkySafari.  SGP connects to my mount through ASCOM via a USB to serial connector and SkySafari connects to SGP through port 4030.

#3 m_abukhalid

m_abukhalid

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 30 November 2020 - 11:52 PM

Thanks for the reply Jeff. I got it to work finally. First, unlike wifi scope, you have to use the default port 4030. That got me to connect. Then I needed to slew to a target with sgp pro before i was able to slew with sky safari. I think until you command a slew with sgp pro, sky safari uses the minimum slew rate so it seems like its not moving.

Looking forward to testing how accurate my goto will be once i get a platesolve with sgp pro!

#4 btschumy

btschumy

Vendor - Our Galaxy

• Vendors
  • Loc: Longmont, CO, USA

Posted 01 December 2020 - 07:59 AM

I think until you command a slew with sgp pro, sky safari uses the minimum slew rate so it seems like its not moving.

SkySafari always slews at full speed (I assume you mean a GoTo).  There must be something else going on in SGP.  Perhaps it doesn’t respond to commands from SkySafari until it has been “primed” with a GoTo from itself.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics