•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

How versatile is redcat 51 for imaging?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 betelgeuse91

betelgeuse91

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Posted 28 November 2020 - 01:50 PM

I'm switching from an 80mm refractor to a redcat 51 (as my only telescope) and I'm worried about targets for redcat soon running out. 

I can name a few per season, but I found that I don't know much about wide field targets! Are there enough targets to shoot with redcat for a while? 

Thanks!

Edited by betelgeuse91, 28 November 2020 - 01:53 PM.

#2 Jim Waters

Jim Waters

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA

Posted 28 November 2020 - 01:52 PM

This may help.

https://www.astrobin...ch/?q=redcat 51

#3 dan_hm

dan_hm

Viking 1

• Loc: New Jersey

Posted 28 November 2020 - 02:03 PM

There won't be much to image when galaxy season hits (February - May). You'll be able to get a widefield image of the Virgo galaxies, but that's about it. This is true for any short-FL scope though. Otherwise, there will be plenty to keep you busy for the rest of the year. Check out Telescopius if you haven't already. In my opinion it's the best tool for planning what to image.

• orangeusa likes this

#4 orangeusa

orangeusa

Mariner 2

• Loc: Orange, CA

Posted 28 November 2020 - 02:06 PM

There won't be much to image when galaxy season hits (February - May). You'll be able to get a widefield image of the Virgo galaxies, but that's about it. This is true for any short-FL scope though. Otherwise, there will be plenty to keep you busy for the rest of the year. Check out Telescopius if you haven't already. In my opinion it's the best tool for planning what to image.

WOW - Telescopius is very impressive. Thx.

• dan_hm likes this

#5 betelgeuse91

betelgeuse91

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Posted 28 November 2020 - 04:11 PM

Thanks a lot guys. Hmm.......

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics