•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

SVBony 30 mm Guidescope

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 spyderbench

spyderbench

Explorer 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Charleston / Walterboro SC

Posted 28 November 2020 - 05:25 PM

Does anyone have any experience with the SVBony 30 mm Guidescope .At the present time I was able to buy the SVBony scope for $54 and it looks somewhat similar to the ZWO 30mm guidescope but I haven't received it yet. The total setup with guide camera is very reasonable but I don't have any experience with this scope. Any info would be appreciated.

Edited by spyderbench, 28 November 2020 - 05:28 PM.

#2 LDW47

LDW47

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: North Bay,Ontario,Canada

Posted 28 November 2020 - 06:55 PM

Does anyone have any experience with the SVBony 30 mm Guidescope .At the present time I was able to buy the SVBony scope for $54 and it looks somewhat similar to the ZWO 30mm guidescope but I haven't received it yet. The total setup with guide camera is very reasonable but I don't have any experience with this scope. Any info would be appreciated.

If its like all the Svbony products it will be a good one, keep us informed !

#3 decep

decep

Ranger 4

• Loc: Georgia, US

Posted 28 November 2020 - 07:00 PM

I have the SVBony 30 mm guidescope paired with a ASI290MM.  I have no complaints.

The rings on the SVBony scope might actually be superior to the ZWO scope since it has two set screws along the body.  The ZWO holder has screws round the perimeter, which might cause more flexure/movement (but I have no experience with it).

#4 Astrophotonics

Astrophotonics

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Eastern Long Island, New York.

Posted 29 November 2020 - 02:33 PM

I use it, works fine.

#5 spyderbench

spyderbench

Explorer 1

• topic starter

Posted 29 November 2020 - 06:45 PM

Thanks for the input, I plan to use  a ZWO ASI  120 mini with the SVBony  scope guiding  my Skywatcher 72 Evostar. I'll  let you know how it works.

Thanks

#6 spyderbench

spyderbench

Explorer 1

• topic starter

Posted 16 December 2020 - 11:02 AM

I received the SVBony 30 mm guidescope  and paired it with a ZWO ASI 120mm camera on top of my Skywatcher Evostar 72 ED. It enabled my setup to track surprisingly well. On my EQ6-R using PHD2  I was getting .6 total error and that was near Polaris . The little SVBony was showing lots of tracking stars and seems to be a well made little scope.

Noah

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics