•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

RASA 8 and ASIAIR Pro : First Light - Heart Nebula

astrophotography equipment
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 WisconsinBackyarder

WisconsinBackyarder

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 28 November 2020 - 06:16 PM

Recently got a Celestron RASA 8 after falling out of the hobby for 5 years or so and picking it back up recently as the pandemic means I'm home every night with no work travel. 

Wow have things changed in 5 years! At f/2 RASA scopes are so insanely fast that I can do in an hour what would take all night is the past. The ASIAIR Pro made quality polar alignment super easy to do. So much so that even unguided I get nice sharp stars over a few minutes of exposure. Add to that modern bandpass filters that makes its possible to image from the backyard instead of traveling to a distant dark site. I'm hooked (again)!

IC1805_tiny.jpg

Equipment:

RASA 8 Astrograph

Celestron AVX mount

ASI071 camera

ASIAIR pro

ZWO Duo filter

Image:

60 image stack of 60s subs

Processed in APP and Photoshop

Site:

Backyard

Bortle class 5

• astro_1, bobzeq25 and descott12 like this

#2 APshooter

APshooter

Skylab

• Loc: Camby, In.

Posted 28 November 2020 - 07:16 PM

Congrats on your image and welcome back! Yes, there are a few of us Rasa fans here... sure is nice to get images in a few hours as opposed to dozens of hours.

#3 skylab1

skylab1

Lift Off

Posted 15 January 2021 - 07:32 PM

Hi

I have the same setup RASA 8 on AVX mount, Celestron LPR filter for RASA, 294MC pro.  Did you experience walking noise issue with our unguided photos? If so, how did you fix it.

I am having the walking noise on my photo taking with RASA, Celestron told me I have to dither!  That means I have to use a guide camera, I am trying not to use auto guide that's why I upgraded to RASA. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography, equipment

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics