•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

camera not found in any program

imaging equipment
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 peyoter

peyoter

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 29 November 2020 - 06:58 AM

Hello everybody, my QHY 5III178c camera is not getting detected by any software. I don't understand what is wrong. I didn't have the chance to use it a lot but have used it before. Yesterday I had a small window of opportunity to get something done before it got cloudy again.... but then I had this problem... I was going to try some planetary for the first time. I tried sharpcap, firecapture and APT (used it before with APT for a test with an OTA). None of the programq listed see the camera...

#2 Tapio

Tapio

Soyuz

• -----
  • Loc: Tampere, Finland

Posted 29 November 2020 - 07:38 AM

I guess you had the correct drivers for it if it worked before.
Do you hear a bling sound when you connect it.
I would first try different ports and different cables.
Then remove all drivers and install again.
  • *skyguy* likes this

#3 Jim Davis

Jim Davis

Aurora

• Loc: Lewisberry, PA

Posted 29 November 2020 - 07:39 AM

Check Windows Device Manager to see if the OS is recognizing the camera. May be a driver or connection issue.

• *skyguy* likes this

#4 sbradley07

sbradley07

Messenger

• Loc: Connecticut

Posted 29 November 2020 - 07:39 AM

If no software can see the camera, then Windows probably isn't seeing it.  Do you see anything in the Device Manager?  Simple things to try are to use another USB port on your computer, or use a different usb cable.  

• *skyguy* likes this

#5 *skyguy*

*skyguy*

Soyuz

• Loc: Western New York

Posted 29 November 2020 - 09:55 AM

Check Windows Device Manager to see if the OS is recognizing the camera. May be a driver or connection issue.

If no software can see the camera, then Windows probably isn't seeing it.  Do you see anything in the Device Manager?  Simple things to try are to use another USB port on your computer, or use a different usb cable.  

The above posts are a good starting points for troubleshooting your camera. I would also add ... make sure you're using the latest camera drivers. You can also rollback the driver to a previous version and give that a try. Make sure you completely remove the current driver from your computer and use new drivers that are freshly downloaded from the QHY site.

If these steps don't work, I'll post a simple way to check to see if the camera's firmware has been corrupted and an easy way to fix it.

Good Luck troubleshooting.

#6 peyoter

peyoter

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 04 December 2020 - 12:22 PM

problem solved, the camera was recognised by windows, it was a driver problem appearantly. I had the regular drivers for the camera installed but I needed All In One system Pack.

Thanks everybody !

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: imaging, equipment

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics