•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Luna Cognita - eBook Cyber Sale

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BruceNewEngland

BruceNewEngland

Vostok 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: New England, USA

Posted 29 November 2020 - 01:29 PM

Springer is offering the eBook version of Luna Cognita - A Comprehensive Observer’s Handbook of the Known Moon

by Robert A. Garfinkle for $35 until December 1st:

https://www.springer...n=9781493916641

Discount code: CYBER20SPR

Bruce.

• Gostock and Stefano Delmonte like this

#2 BruceNewEngland

BruceNewEngland

Vostok 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: New England, USA

Posted 29 November 2020 - 01:48 PM

PS: If you download the PDF via Chrome, you want the browser to download the file instead of just opening it in the browser, as you might not be able to save it from the browser!

1. By default, Google Chrome opens a PDF file in the browser window instead of saving it to the downloads folder. To change how Google Chrome treats PDF files in the browser, follow the steps below.
  2. Open the Google Chrome browser.
  3. Click the Menu icon in Google Chrome. icon in the top-right corner of the browser window.
  4. Select Settings from the drop-down menu that appears.
  5. On the Settings window, under Privacy and security, click the Site Settings option.
  6. Scroll down the Site Settings screen to find and click the PDF documents option.
  7. Next to Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome, click the toggle switch to set to the On Toggle on switch in Chrome. or Off Toggle off switch in Chrome. position. Chrome downloads a PDF when the toggle switch is set to On and displays a PDF in the browser when set to Off.

https://www.computer...when set to Off.

#3 desertstars

desertstars

ISS

• Loc: Tucson, AZ

Posted 30 November 2020 - 04:14 PM

I have the 3 volume hardcover version. I've only just begun to read it, but I can already give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. Very impressive work.

• payner and BFaucett like this

#4 airscottdenning

airscottdenning

Messenger

• Loc: Colorado

Posted 01 December 2020 - 09:37 AM

Wonderful set! I bought the full-price hardcover version.

It would be convenient to carry around the ebook on my tablet or kindle, but I would certainly miss the beautiful physical books.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics