•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Beginners, Consider Supporting Cloudy Nights--and THANK YOU to CN and its Contributors

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fallenstarseven

fallenstarseven

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: San Mateo, CA, USA

Posted 30 November 2020 - 06:51 PM

Hi, since I began preparing to order my first telescope in late spring, one of the most valuable resources to me has been this website.    I don't know a lot about how it's run or paid for, but I know it can't be a zero-dollar endeavor, and I did notice recently a Donate button on the upper right of the page.   

If, like me, Cloudy Nights has made a huge difference in your ability to come up to speed and enjoy our shared passion of astronomy, perhaps in this giving season of the year you'll consider a small donation?  Just wanted to call the attention of my fellow beginners to this option.  

I for one could never have gotten as far as I have without the generous sharing of information, advice, encouragement, and results. I learned things I didn't even set out to learn and I'm sure it will be a huge resource for me for years to come.

Thanks to all who make Cloudy Nights a truly worthwhile place in the universe.

Edited by fallenstarseven, 30 November 2020 - 06:51 PM.

• Gostock, dron2015 and YoungStargazer like this

#2 SkyHunter1

SkyHunter1

Ranger 4

• Loc: Long Island NY

Posted 30 November 2020 - 07:04 PM

Fallen,

I donated once a couple of years ago, but your post made me think and I felt it was time to donate again to my favorite site. It is the place I come almost every day to get answers and help others. Thanks for inspiring me! Just sent a Donation!!

Regards,

Skyhunter1

Edited by SkyHunter1, 30 November 2020 - 07:04 PM.

• fallenstarseven likes this

#3 fallenstarseven

fallenstarseven

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: San Mateo, CA, USA

Posted 30 November 2020 - 09:48 PM

Fallen,

I donated once a couple of years ago, but your post made me think and I felt it was time to donate again to my favorite site. It is the place I come almost every day to get answers and help others. Thanks for inspiring me! Just sent a Donation!!

Regards,

Skyhunter1

Thank you!  It's an investment in our community and a help to all of us!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics