•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

How to manually trigger auto focusing in NINA?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Airdrop

Airdrop

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 30 November 2020 - 09:55 PM

I have been using theSkyX for imaging and is trying up the NINA recently, I love it but when come to the focusing I can't find a way to manually trigger auto focusing in NINA, it seems I have to re-start the sequence to trigger that. Anyone has idea of whether it is possible to manually trigger the auto focusing in NINA and how? many thanks. 

#2 astro_1

astro_1

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: USA, Nebraska

Posted 30 November 2020 - 10:02 PM

From the imaging tab, at the bottom below the image, their is the options - Image- Autofocus-Flat panel. 

Is that what you are looking for?

#3 moonrider

moonrider

Messenger

• Loc: Murphy, NC

Posted 30 November 2020 - 10:07 PM

In the sequence panel there is a option to auto focus either between filter changes or each segment of the sequence. This is in the Beta version. The latest nightly is still being tweaked, it might have a manual option for pausing the sequence....

#4 Airdrop

Airdrop

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 30 November 2020 - 10:12 PM

Thanks for quick reply. I do have a 'Focuser' tab at the bottom below the image, it gives access to focuser panel which allow me to set a positon to go or move the focuser in and out manually but can't start an auto-focusing there...

#5 Airdrop

Airdrop

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 30 November 2020 - 10:18 PM

Thanks moonrider, I do have been using the auto-focusing in the sequence panel and it works. But sometimes I don't want to start a sequence, just want to take a quick snapshot of whatever the trelescope is pointing to so a quick auto focusing will be great. thanks for answering, hope we'll have that feature soon. 

#6 3snows

3snows

Ranger 4

• Loc: Boston, MA

Posted 30 November 2020 - 10:28 PM

You can perform an auto-focus anytime you want using the AF tab in the Imaging section.  You get this tab by clicking on the AF icon top right.

Attached Thumbnails

• nina.jpg

• moonrider and Airdrop like this

#7 Airdrop

Airdrop

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 30 November 2020 - 11:58 PM

You can perform an auto-focus anytime you want using the AF tab in the Imaging section.  You get this tab by clicking on the AF icon top right.

Thank you so much! exactly what I'm looking for. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics