•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Orion® StarShoot™ LCD-DVR blank

accessories
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 edhuff

edhuff

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: PA/AZ

Posted 01 December 2020 - 04:23 PM

Hello Community,

I've enjoyed working with the Orion® StarShoot™ Video Eyepiece II in conjunction with the Orion® StarShoot™ LCD-DVR and have shot great videos of Saturn, Jupiter, ISS/planet transits, and much more, but the other evening I went to power up the LCD-DVR and the display remained blank. I checked the lithium and it seemed OK registering ~4VDC so I'm wondering if the display "went South" after +3 years of use. I have a chat and email into telescope.com but b/c of covid they can't respond very quickly and so I thought I'd check with the CN gang. On Amazon I found a DIGITNOW HD Video Capture Box 1080P 60FPS USB 2.0 Video to Digital Converter with 5" OLED Screen, AV&HDMI Video Recorder Capture from VCR, DVD, VHS Tapes, Hi8, Camcorders, Gaming Systems, which I believe would work with the video eyepiece but I'm not thrilled about shelling out $199 if the LCD-DVR can be salvaged. Any thought folks? Again, thanks!

#2 edhuff

edhuff

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 03 December 2020 - 09:03 AM

Well, Orion got back to me with the following: "We regret you are having issues with the LCD-DVR. We are no longer doing business with that vendor and are unable to service electronics. I would suggest trying a new battery as there comes a point where they no longer hold a charge. The specifications for the battery are as follows: Battery type: GB/T 18287-2000 3.7V 1000 mAh." I know it's a stretch, but does anyone in the CN community have such a battery or know where I can get one? Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0211.jpg
  • IMG_0212.jpg

Edited by edhuff, 03 December 2020 - 09:04 AM.

#3 KLWalsh

KLWalsh

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: North Georgia, USA

Posted 03 December 2020 - 04:57 PM

It looks like Amazon has them.
Did you already check there?

Attached Thumbnails

• D9E63E77-1A3D-4A66-83B4-AFC8631E4363.jpeg

Edited by KLWalsh, 03 December 2020 - 04:59 PM.

• edhuff likes this

#4 edhuff

edhuff

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 03 December 2020 - 07:10 PM

It looks like Amazon has them.
Did you already check there?

Thanks for this! What concerns me are those four charging contacts on the back of the battery which came with the product which must connect with the LCD-DVR dock. I haven't seen that kind of configuration in the lithium batteries I've scoped out thus far not to say there aren't any exactly like that. I tried to see the back of the battery you included in your response  but wasn't able to do so in Amazon. I suppose I could ask a question under the review section in Amazon. Thanks for that heads up!  

Edited by edhuff, 03 December 2020 - 07:15 PM.

• KLWalsh likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: accessories

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics