•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Cyclops Optics

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Ralph Paonessa

Ralph Paonessa

Messenger

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Mojave Desert, California

Posted 01 December 2020 - 04:51 PM

Has anyone had recent transactions with Cyclops Optics in Hong Kong? I placed an online credit card order November 21 (from the US) for an item marked "In stock now! Typically ships in 24 hours," received a prompt email confirmation, and have heard nothing since.

The online order status says "This order is marked as F – Order under preparation."

More concerning is that I received no reply using their online contact form (except an immediate automatic email confirmation), and my attempts to call their listed phone numbers got "Your call cannot be completed as dialed ..."  frown.gif

The order was for this Takahashi reducer.

From other Cloudy Nights posts they seem reputable. Closed for the pandemic? Out of business??

Thanks,

Ralph

P.S. The order so far has not been charged to my Visa card.

#2 alphatripleplus

alphatripleplus

World Controller

• Moderators
  • Loc: Georgia

Posted 01 December 2020 - 05:03 PM

You could also send a PM to Robin Lee, the owner of Cyclops Optics, on CN. It is possible he is on vacation.

#3 astroboyabdi

astroboyabdi

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 01 December 2020 - 05:12 PM

No recent transactions, but have been in touch with Robin recently.

I have bought many things of them and they have been pretty good with communicating and shipping.

#4 Ralph Paonessa

Ralph Paonessa

Messenger

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 01 December 2020 - 05:15 PM

You could also send a PM to Robin Lee, the owner of Cyclops Optics, on CN. It is possible he is on vacation.

No recent transactions, but have been in touch with Robin recently.

I have bought many things of them and they have been pretty good with communicating and shipping.

Thanks, that's encouraging. I've sent a PM. I'll assume that things are slow these days, and await a reply.

Ralph

#5 FlankerOneTwo

FlankerOneTwo

Viking 1

• Loc: Vegas, baby!

Posted 01 December 2020 - 07:45 PM

I've purchased from them numerous times and have always had a quick response from them. Items take under a week to arrive in NV from Hong Kong by DHL, which I think is pretty good, current situation considered. Robin has been very responsive the times I've emailed him, so not sure why you're having a delay unless he's on vacation or something. 
I assume you're dialing Hong Kong correctly? From the states I believe you would need to dial 011 (US exit code) first, then 852 and the rest of the number.

#6 Ralph Paonessa

Ralph Paonessa

Messenger

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 01 December 2020 - 10:21 PM

I assume you're dialing Hong Kong correctly? From the states I believe you would need to dial 011 (US exit code) first, then 852 and the rest of the number.

Thanks for the tip. I forgot about the 011.

#7 Alanjmolloy

Alanjmolloy

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 02 December 2020 - 07:53 AM

Hi Ralph,

I ordered a tak FS60Q a month ago from Cyclops. Same status as you. But I did reach out to Robin and he kindly responded really quickly. He also facilitated me canceling and reordering an item, which would indicate to me he's still up and running. This is my first time ordering so fingers crossed things will work out for both of us :-)

Alan

#8 AnakChan

AnakChan

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Oz

Posted 02 December 2020 - 07:57 AM

I placed an order for the Pegasus Astro PPBA on 24th Oct (Sat), 26th Oct (Mon) they gave me a receipt and informed it's backed ready to be shipped. 27th Oct it left CyclopsOptics premises/warehouse. Got no complains for my order.

#9 alphatripleplus

alphatripleplus

World Controller

• Moderators

Posted 02 December 2020 - 08:49 AM

Please let us know if you get a hold of them. Thanks.

#10 Ralph Paonessa

Ralph Paonessa

Messenger

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 02 December 2020 - 01:05 PM

Please let us know if you get a hold of them. Thanks.

I have heard back quickly from Robin Lee and Cyclops Optics, via Cloudy Nights PM. Apparently I was not receiving some of their emails informing me the order was delayed, and asking if I wanted to continue with the order.

Thanks to everyone who responded. (And I did not correctly dial the international number for Cyclops. I am not going to try again with what will be an expensive call, given that I've heard now from Robin. But I'm sure their phones are working and the mistake was mine.)

All's well that ends well.

Ralph

• alphatripleplus, FlankerOneTwo and PatrickVt like this

#11 alphatripleplus

alphatripleplus

World Controller

• Moderators

Posted 02 December 2020 - 02:05 PM

Thanks for that update, and I'm glad that the CN PM worked. ( A lot of people have their CN messages forwarded to an alternative email account, so it is worth trying in situations like this one.)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics