•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Apochromat lens cell dimensions

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Benach

Benach

Vanguard

• topic starter

Posted 02 December 2020 - 08:16 AM

Long story but at my astronomy club we have a Zeiss Coude apochromat that is going to be equipped with a modern GoTo system. Peter Ceravolo has an identical telescope and he recently restored it in very nice condition. He documented it in another topic.

This telescope is delivered with two glass plate cameras that are heavily outdated. As an alternative, we intend to retrofit it with either a 80mm f/5 Skywatcher apochromat or a 74mm f/5.5 Sharpstar apochromat in an identical housing as the plate cameras. This housing will probably be made at the local community college. However, I do not have the outer dimensions of the lens cells for my mechanical design. Can anyone measure the outer dimensions of either telescope's lens cell with a caliper for me?

Muchos gracias, clear skies!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics