•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Retake of the Wizard Nebula for test purposes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JOEC.

JOEC.

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Florida

Posted 02 December 2020 - 08:27 AM

On Sunday I took my 6" Astrograph main mirror out. Yes I did not read the paperwork, how hard can it be. Well the 3 screws have nuts on them. The first came out no problem. The second was the distinct sound of the nut driopping into the tube. Well can't stop now because there is no way I can get them back on. Took the third one out and cleaned the mirror which is why I removed it in the first place. While the holder had no mirror in it I redrilled 3 new holes and set in 3 sheetmetal screws. Put it all back together and laser collimated it and last night was first clear night for a test. This was the test so my guess is I am still going to be using the 6" scope and not having to get  a new one. Also no need to cool camera last night, got down to 35 here in Florida!

get.jpg?insecure

• elmiko, PirateMike, Gipht and 4 others like this

#2 elmiko

elmiko

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Arizona

Posted 02 December 2020 - 08:39 AM

I'm glad you got it fixed Joe! And must have done something right, because your Wizard image looks great!

• JOEC. likes this

#3 alphatripleplus

alphatripleplus

World Controller

• Moderators
  • Loc: Georgia

Posted 02 December 2020 - 08:56 AM

I agree - I think the adjustments you made resulted in a good test result.

• JOEC. likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics