•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ED150DX 3.4" focuser adjustment?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 glend

glend

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted 03 December 2020 - 03:17 AM

My ED150DX has arrived, and I find the focuser extremely stiff. It is not due to the lock bolt on the bottom of the focuser. I have searched the internet for info on how to adjust this focuser and found nothing useful. Are there any ED150DX owners here that can tell me how to adjust the tension on draw tube?  I can see various screws on top and bottom but it is not like any past focuser I have owned. 

Edited by glend, 03 December 2020 - 03:17 AM.

#2 bob midiri

bob midiri

Skylab

• Loc: pa 19320

Posted 03 December 2020 - 07:41 AM

Hi I got this info directly from Skywatcher support: Double check the teeth on the rack and pinion to make sure nothing is in there.

You can also adjust the tension pads on either side of the focuser, those screws are inset and located just above the focuser knobs (see attached). The tension pads are only held in place by pressure so if you back the screws off do it ever so slightly. If the screws loosen too much the pad will drop and have to be reseated. Not a major issue just a little annoying.

Attached Thumbnails

• evostardxfocuseradj.jpg

#3 glend

glend

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted 03 December 2020 - 03:09 PM

Thanks Bob, I will give it a try.

#4 SteveG

SteveG

Cosmos

• Loc: Seattle, WA

Posted 05 December 2020 - 01:14 AM

Thanks Bob, I will give it a try.

Just an FYI, your focuser is the same as the popular Esprit series focusers.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics