Having some troubles with my EQ6R Pro that i cannot work out. I have looked around for any suggestions on here and tried my own process.
The mount is unable to track in RA from time to time and i cannot work out why.
It will either suddenly stop guiding due to being unable to correct the RA. Or if i set it to sidereal tracking it will sometimes just not work or work at a reduced rate.
It also has issues sometimes when i slew it will just physically stop half way through the slew it will complete the DEC slew get to a certain point and then stop there. Trying it again does not change anything. If i manually slew it with in EQMOD it will sometimes refuse to move other times it will be OK.
Things i have tried
- Balance is very good
- Polar alignment error is 0-1 arc mins
- connected directly to a PC using ASCOM/EQMOD (it is the USB version of the mount)
- Cable management is good and there is no snags or tension on the mount
- Tested all new cables
- I use the cigarette style socket cable that came with the mount and a 12VDC 12.5 Switchmode Power Supply that i bought from a local retailer
- I have updated the firmware on the mount
- I have also checked the clutches on the mount and made sure there is no grease under the clutch buttons.
The weird thing is i still have good imaging sessions i play around with the mount checking/trying any number of things and it will decide to come good but i cannot work out what it might be. Generally releasing the clutch resetting it to home position and restarting all software seems to fix it.
I will say as well that when the mount is on not tracking if i rotate the RA axis it feels like it kind of binds a little bit almost like when you spin a motor coil and it wants to hold to a certain spot.
I cannot for the life of me think of what the issue might be, any suggestions for another line of investigation would be greatly appreciated.