Interesting target. I only had one imaging session on it, gathering just under an hour total. It certainly could use more time, but between the weather, Holiday bustle (aka on-line shopping at night), and the Moon re-appearing soon, this will be it. Besides, I want to do some imaging of the Great Conjunction if the weather allows. Fitting that it's occurring right before Christmas.
I'm still fighting how the cold temps are affecting the imaging computer (Raspberry Pi 4B) and attached RSHTech 4-port USB 3.0 hub. Seems that they both have trouble communicating with the world (WiFi with the Pi, and USB with the hub) as temps drop to freezing. Oddly, the thermometers at home were in the low 40's, but across the street (where I image from) the IR thermometer showed upper 20's. The street is not that wide; no clue why the difference, other than perhaps the tree cover at home. My fingers and toes agreed with the IR thermometer. Brrrrr... I think the next project will be an insulated box for the both. Wish I could climb in, too. I had wrapped the Pi in some 1/4" foam rubber, and that seemed to help, but the hub (where the imaging camera was attached) wasn't wrapped and it cut out after only 8 subs. Moving the camera direct to the Pi worked, so I restarted the software, and resumed imaging. No problems after that.
Luckily, the neighbors turned off their Holiday lights display about 15 min into the imaging session, which definitely helped. I had a shield in place to block the light, but there's a noticeable difference in the subs taken before and after. I used them all, however, as total time was probably more important.
As I gain more experience with StarTools 1.6, I'm finding new tools that work in magical ways. This image made use of the Filter module to enhance some of the nebulosity without messing up the background. Think post-processed multi-band filter. I also used Life and Shrink, in addition to the usual Develop, Wipe, Contrast, and Color. Nice. I did not use AutoDev, as it didn't seem to be able to bring out the Cone part of the image in the lower right, without messing up the background or the blue of the central nebula. I'm probably just not "holding it right".
Imaged 10-December, 2020
Telescope: Stellarvue SVA130EDT (130mm, f/7), no reducer or flattener
Mount: Celestron AVX
Camera: ASI2600MC-Pro; Gain 300, Offset 50, Bin 2x2, Temp -5C
Guider: ZWO 60mm f/4.6 scope, ASI174mm Mini camera.
At-mount Compute: 4gb Raspberry Pi 4B, Astroberry 2.0 distro. CCDciel, ASTAP, PHD2 software
28 x 120 seconds lights (56 min), 20 each Darks, Flats, Dark-flats.
Stacked in Deep Sky Stacker, processed in StarTools 1.6