•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Altering a shroud meant for a 10 dob for a 8 dob

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SeliseO25

SeliseO25

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Victoria BC Canada

Posted 04 December 2020 - 07:20 PM

Firstly its a celestron shroud... could someone provide me with a picture of how its supposed to fit on and maybe if I could pick some brains on how to make it fit for tonight until I can get some sewing done! 

Edited by SeliseO25, 04 December 2020 - 07:34 PM.

#2 TomK1

TomK1

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Grosse Pointe Woods, Michigan

Posted 04 December 2020 - 07:43 PM

Try looking at Rob's website......  www.teeterstelescopes.com

While not an Orion shroud, the many pictures of truss dobs with shrouds may give you some ideas.

#3 Sincos

Sincos

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: 100ft from the Atlantic Ocean in Newfoundland

Posted 04 December 2020 - 08:34 PM

Dew falls onto a surface. So long as your shroud is covering the upper openings what is exposed on the underside does not matter too much. Once you have the tubes extended in place then maybe attach with tape ( small bit just to see if it works) or even Velcro tabs between the upper assembly that holds the eyepiece and the lower assembly that holds the main mirror. Make it tight enough so the material does not sag into the light path. The small secondary mirror opposite the eyepiece is generally protected from dew by the upper assembly tube. 

soon be time to get yourself a moon atlas so you can name what you see and know how wide and deep different craters are or how tall the mountains in the middle are.

Good luck. Clear Skies

not sure if this will work but here goes

82543120-F1CA-40AA-8D40-1D433AD4937C.png

Edited by Sincos, 04 December 2020 - 09:07 PM.

#4 spereira

spereira

Fly Me to the Moon

• Moderators
  • Loc: Bedford, NH

Posted 05 December 2020 - 08:47 AM

Moving to Reflectors.

smp

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics