•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

QHY OSC values

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dunkstar

Dunkstar

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Posted 04 December 2020 - 07:47 PM

Folks,

I’ve been using ZWO cameras for the past few years and have never touched the image controls beyond gain and offset with those cameras.

I recently bought a QHY 183C and see that there are 3 white balance sliders that are all set to 64 by default.

What’s the significance of these values? I’m most interested in the values that leave the data coming off the sensor untouched, and not digitally scaled in any way.

Thanks for your help :)

Dunk

#2 3snows

3snows

Ranger 4

• Loc: Boston, MA

Posted 04 December 2020 - 09:17 PM

I use ZWO cameras and came across this issue just recently.  Apparently the white balance is set by the driver you use and the native vs the ASCOM driver set them differently.  See this post: https://www.cloudyni...ckground-color/

If you use ASI Studio (the ZWO camera application) I believe you can set the white balance directly.

#3 Dunkstar

Dunkstar

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Posted 05 December 2020 - 06:05 AM

Thanks 3snows, I believe with the ZWO camera the green is fixed and you can alter the red and blue factors using the native driver. I’ve seen these controls in SharpCap and have often wondered.

However, with the QHY camera, a slider for green appears along with the red and blue. Maybe it’s just native driver thing?

My main concern is that when taking long exposures with the ASCOM driver, I want to ensure that the data that gets saved to disk is as received and not adjusted before it gets written.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics