•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Power cord/supply for Zwo cooled cameras

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HowardSD

HowardSD

Vostok 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Palm Springs, CA

Posted 04 December 2020 - 09:22 PM

Good evening all, I just bit the bullet and ordered myself a ASI 533MC pro and am wondering about the power source/cord needed.

I'd hoped to run this off my celestron power tank with a cigarette lighter power cord, a long with my AVX mount and am wondering if this cable i see on Amazon will do the job? I asked about running both the mount & camera from the power tank and that seems plausible however all the power supplies i see are to be plugged into a wall socket that's fine if i'm at home but if i want to take my rig to a dark site, that's a problem.

One final question, as far as using from home anyone have a good power brick they recommend, I read the Zwo one has some issues, being very stiff cables and apparently on the short side.

Thank you.

#2 fewayne

fewayne

Apollo

• Loc: Madison, WI, USA

Posted 04 December 2020 - 11:12 PM

5.5 x 2.1 sounds right, but double-check that spec somewhere if you can. Also it's almost sure to be center-pos but I'd try that with a multimeter before I plugged it into my camera.

• Roger123456 likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics