•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Skywatcher Synscan wifi adapter YEA !

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 FRANKVSTAR

FRANKVSTAR

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: GASTON S.C

Posted 04 December 2020 - 09:59 PM

After purchasing the Sky watcher HEQ 5 PRO mount to use with a  8in Meade cass. I had issues trying to get the right cables to forgo the hand controller and use my laptop instead. I ( after following various different instructions and cable and help) gave up and ordered the  Synscan Wifi Adapter. It works great, really it does. Not only does it give me the means to align the scope with stars easier than using the handcontroler, ther is a bigger choice of stars & planets also you can align to with. Mount movement direction are not only up-down/ left-right I have the 4 corners so both ra & dec move at the same time.

I would say with earnest if you are thinking of buying the HEQ5 Pro mount get the Synscan wifi adapter also, it costs less than a mid grade eyepiece and you get to download for free Synscan Pro for adriod and i-phone from GOOGLE PLAY and maybe other places.

Also I am using a Samsung tablet to operate the mount, and my cell phone, and it works with my laptop Win10. Hope this helps some who are thinking about this item.

#2 junomike

junomike

ISS

• Moderators
  • Loc: Ontario

Posted 04 December 2020 - 10:01 PM

I agree on all counts.  To take things up a level, get SkySafari Plus (telescope control)......simply amazing.

• FRANKVSTAR likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics