•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Random adapters lying around?

accessories equipment
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jarno

Jarno

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Netherlands

Posted 05 December 2020 - 12:13 PM

I've had cloudy skies for quite some time and COVID isn't exactly encouraging me to go anywhere so out of sheer boredom I've resorted to cleaning up my astronomy odds & ends. I've accumulated a lot of parts whose origin has been lost to the mists of time and that includes some really random adapters. We all have the normal 2"- 1.25" adapters lying around and maybe some T2 stuff, but I'm curious what kind of unusual adapters are out there? Who knows, maybe someday someone will be looking for just that part that's nowhere to be found...Here are the oddballs that showed up in my inventory:

M68 male to M69 male

M69 x 30mm extender

M75 male to M68 female

M43 female to T2 female

What unusual stuff do you have lying around?

Jarno

#2 PatrickVt

PatrickVt

Viking 1

• Loc: Vermont, US

Posted 05 December 2020 - 12:17 PM

I have a lot of adapters too...  a few drawers worth in some rolling cabinets...  yet, I always seem to need a different one for some new configuration problem.  I highly doubt I'll ever have all the adapters I need.

Patrick

#3 Dynan

Dynan

Aurora

• Vendors
  • Loc: NOLA

Posted 05 December 2020 - 12:21 PM

I got a bag full (all threads protected). But if I sell ONE of them, it'll be the one I need next outing! bangbang.gif

• erin likes this

#4 erin

erin

Viking 1

• Loc: MA

Posted 05 December 2020 - 12:39 PM

I got a bag full (all threads protected). But if I sell ONE of them, it'll be the one I need next outing! bangbang.gif

Isn’t that always how it works? wink.gif 

Since picking up a Baader binoviewer, I have started a nice collection of adapters too. Even adapters for the adapters! 

• Dynan likes this

#5 Jarno

Jarno

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Netherlands

Posted 07 December 2020 - 12:01 PM

Isn’t that always how it works? wink.gif

Well not for me. Usually when I need an adapter, I find I already have almost the correct one but with male thread instead of female, or a few mm too short or too long - that sort of thing. And why are so many of those blasted things shiny on the inside?!?!!?

Jarno

• erin likes this

#6 erin

erin

Viking 1

• Loc: MA

Posted 07 December 2020 - 01:53 PM

That’s true too!

#7 alphatripleplus

alphatripleplus

World Controller

• Moderators
  • Loc: Georgia

Posted 07 December 2020 - 03:21 PM

Surprisingly, I don't have any unusual adapters .... I obviously need more scopes withe unusual threads on the rear!

#8 alphatripleplus

alphatripleplus

World Controller

• Moderators
  • Loc: Georgia

Posted 07 December 2020 - 03:23 PM

Correction: I have one unusual adapter to convert the rear threads on my SW 102Mak to SCT threads, so that I can use SCT accessories on it. I honestly haven't used it much at all.

#9 MJB87

MJB87

Vanguard

• Moderators
  • Loc: Talbot County, MD & Washington, DC

Posted 07 December 2020 - 03:38 PM

I have several boxes of adapters, probably one of each known to mankind -- except, almost certainly, the next one I will need.

However, there is light at the end of the tunnel. I purchased a 3D printer for my wife last Christmas and she now can make pretty much any adapter I need. She already made one to allow me to use a filter in my NV monocular.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: accessories, equipment

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics