•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Moon shot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bignerdguy

bignerdguy

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Lewisville, TX

Posted 05 December 2020 - 12:55 PM

Took this picture last night after dropping my DSLR on the ground and bending the LPR filter housing and cracking the mounting on the lens.  Thankfully i was able to fix the lens and at least re-secure the filter glass in its mounting so it could be used.  however the filter will need to be replaced as I don't think it will last.  Surprisingly I didn't crack any glass, just plastic and metal bits.  The plastic parts at least were repairable with a little gorilla superglue!  Anyway, this was a single shot of the moon on my Full Spectrum modded Canon 60D taken at the Tv setting on the camera and then adjusted on MaximDL and Photoshop to bring out the details and clean it up.  Let me know what you think.

moon.jpg

• John_Moore, mikerepp and Stellar1 like this

#2 bignerdguy

bignerdguy

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Lewisville, TX

Posted 05 December 2020 - 12:58 PM

Oh  I should mention this was using my Canon 75-250 EF-S lens and a (bent frame) LPR filter since I live in a Bortle 9+ location.  The light pollution was low last night and the sky clear and calm.  perfect night for astrophotos but too cold for me this time around to sit outside and image for too long.  Plus its gonna rain this weekend so didn't want to break out the entire scope this time around.

#3 spereira

spereira

Aurora

• Moderators
  • Loc: Bedford, NH

Posted 05 December 2020 - 01:03 PM

Moving to LO&I.

smp

#4 Stellar1

Stellar1

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Posted 05 December 2020 - 01:22 PM

Very nice contrast, jet black sky looks great.

• bignerdguy likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics