•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

How many binoculars do you own?

• Please log in to reply
282 replies to this topic

#276 MT4

MT4

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Tokyo, JP

Posted 27 August 2021 - 09:50 PM

So MT4, is that your hou$e window bino or your car bino (I'd love to see you try to get that in the glovebox  or under the car seat!)     Pat

That chair's for my house window.   I use a height-adjustable chair, along with a tripod that has a geared center column, for my Kowa Highlander Prominar.  Observe right out my window and there's still plenty to see and love.  I have yet to take my big Kowa to my main observing site, which is a nearby city park.  The bad whether that has persisted through spring and much of this summer hasn't been very kind to me.

For mobility, I use my various 7x, 8x, 10x, 15x (both Maven and Canon) and 18x70.

#277 SMark

SMark

Aurora

• Loc: Clay County, AL USA

Posted 28 August 2021 - 01:06 AM

I have a "delta" variant of the binoholism, and I've been afflicted with it most of my adult life.  It's an extension of an illness I contracted when I was quite young and was brought on by a long drawn out battle with my parents to get a pair of cowboy boots.  One I got them I never wore them for fear of damaging them in some way and never being able to replace them. 

When I buy the first of anything, mostly pre-owned, I try to buy an example in "pristine" condition.  Then when I am absolutely in love with it, I stash it away so that it will stay pristine.  Then I'll go out and buy it's duplicate that is in great shape but not exactly pristine.  This second is the one I'll use regularly.  Another tiny chip or ding or scratch will hardly be noticed.  At my age it has become a sillyness that I should begin to ignore, 

I definitely have the same variant that you have...

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_9280.JPG

• WALL.E likes this

#278 Fiske

Fiske

Soyuz

• Loc: Kansas (Kansas City area) / USA

Posted 28 August 2021 - 02:03 AM

A bit off topic, but my height-adjustable observing chair looks very similar to yours.   Down to the color smile.gif

From Amazon? Hint: Do NOT sit on the thing if the back bumpers are over the top of the inner tubing -- that is if the seat is too high. It will twist the back bumpers and the chair won't work nearly as smoothly. smirk.gif

It is nice and light, though, I must say.

Fiske

• MT4 likes this

#279 Fiske

Fiske

Soyuz

• Loc: Kansas (Kansas City area) / USA

Posted 28 August 2021 - 02:05 AM

I have a "delta" variant of the binoholism, and I've been afflicted with it most of my adult life.

lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

#280 MT4

MT4

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Tokyo, JP

Posted 28 August 2021 - 02:23 AM

From Amazon? Hint: Do NOT sit on the thing if the back bumpers are over the top of the inner tubing -- that is if the seat is too high. It will twist the back bumpers and the chair won't work nearly as smoothly. smirk.gif

It is nice and light, though, I must say.

Fiske

Yes, from Amazon.  Indeed, very nice and light.

#281 WALL.E

WALL.E

Ranger 4

• Loc: Grand Rapids Mi.

Posted 28 August 2021 - 09:13 PM

I certainly don't have any symptoms of these binocular "diseases" that are talked about.

But I do have these four NIKON 9X35A models that are all in MINT condition.

(The one with the wide Nikon strap is the one I use).

Curiously, my eyes/brain can not detect any optical differences whatever between the four.

And the images are GREAT from these vintage binoculars.

Does this say anything about the level of quality control on the part of Nikon?!

004_opt(8).jpg

My sincere condolences and best wishes to those suffering with "addiction" issues.

I'm grateful for being totally immune to anything like that.

fingerscrossed.gif

Eric

Edited by WALL.E, 28 August 2021 - 09:14 PM.

• SMark, MrZoomZoom2017 and MT4 like this

#282 SMark

SMark

Aurora

• Loc: Clay County, AL USA

Posted 29 August 2021 - 01:07 PM

I certainly don't have any symptoms of these binocular "diseases" that are talked about.

But I do have these four NIKON 9X35A models that are all in MINT condition.

(The one with the wide Nikon strap is the one I use).

Curiously, my eyes/brain can not detect any optical differences whatever between the four.

And the images are GREAT from these vintage binoculars.

Does this say anything about the level of quality control on the part of Nikon?!

attachicon.gif004_opt(8).jpg

My sincere condolences and best wishes to those suffering with "addiction" issues.

I'm grateful for being totally immune to anything like that.

fingerscrossed.gif

Eric

Lol. It comes from the fixation of wanting "the best of the best." Every time I see one for sale that I really like but already own, there is that nagging possibility that it will be just a little bit better than the one(s) I already own! coolnod.gif

• WALL.E and MT4 like this

#283 WALL.E

WALL.E

Ranger 4

• Loc: Grand Rapids Mi.

Posted 29 August 2021 - 01:37 PM

The great SMark has again spoken truly!  He does understand.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

Gosh, I just really, really liked the Nikon 9X35's.

How blessed am I to have a quartet so true?

Number 5?  Number 5?  Bueller?  Bueller?  Maybe number 5 will change my world?

We'll see....

Friendship,

Eric

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics