•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Omegon Camera veTEC 533 C Color

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#51 fbitto

fbitto

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Terrassa, Spain

Posted 16 February 2021 - 02:41 PM

Great

It seems that the camera will not arrive today frown.gif

#52 melodasi

melodasi

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Nummela - Finland

Posted 17 February 2021 - 02:58 AM

It seems that the camera will not arrive today frown.gif

Let me know how it works for you when you get it.

I am having some connectivity and lagging problems, not sure if it is the camera or the computer.

#53 Euripides

Euripides

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Thessaloniki - Greece

Posted 17 February 2021 - 05:41 AM

Let me know how it works for you when you get it.
I am having some connectivity and lagging problems, not sure if it is the camera or the computer.

If it is anything simple to test, maybe I can help. I am not a Windows guy, but I have bootcamp with win7 and win10.

The SGP is the sequence generator pro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#54 melodasi

melodasi

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 17 February 2021 - 12:51 PM

If it is anything simple to test, maybe I can help. I am not a Windows guy, but I have bootcamp with win7 and win10.

The SGP is the sequence generator pro?

aggy

Today I am imaging and I decided to use NiNa because with SGP it was very laggy. The challenge so far was to learn the basics of Nina in 30 min. and that was addressed with a couple of youtube videos.

So lets see how it goes.

#55 melodasi

melodasi

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 17 February 2021 - 02:31 PM

With NiNa the only way to connect to the camera is using the Touptek driver, also some subs are not generated, anyone with the same issue?

#56 fbitto

fbitto

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 17 February 2021 - 03:55 PM

With NiNa the only way to connect to the camera is using the Touptek driver, also some subs are not generated, anyone with the same issue?

Haven't received the camera yet, so can't take a look. Are you using the Omegon ASCOM driver in NINA?

You can also try Sharpcap, there is a free version.

#57 melodasi

melodasi

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 17 February 2021 - 04:01 PM

Haven't received the camera yet, so can't take a look. Are you using the Omegon ASCOM driver in NINA?

You can also try Sharpcap, there is a free version.

the Omegon ASCOM doesnt work. I will ad the message error here, tried to re-install but did not work, the Touptec driver works fine.

#58 fbitto

fbitto

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 17 February 2021 - 04:57 PM

the Omegon ASCOM doesnt work. I will ad the message error here, tried to re-install but did not work, the Touptec driver works fine.

I didn't know that. I was hoping that what Omegon says in its web page was true:

Compatibility: The Omegon Pro cameras are compatible with a wide range of available astrophotography programs through the common interfaces ASCOM and INDI. Native compatibility is also being added to a growing number of programs, like PHD2 and N.I.N.A.

Specially the last part about native compatibility with N.I.N.A.

I still don't know when my camera will arrive, it seems that DHL has been suffering a lot of delays because of last weeks bad weather. As soon as I get it, I will do the tests.

#59 melodasi

melodasi

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 18 February 2021 - 01:33 AM

Ok, the summary of last night....

Using NINA, the camera connects only using a Touptek driver ASCOM or purely USB (model ATR3CMOS09000KPA) and for me thats fine, actually in the ASCOM drive configuration I even have a couple of configuration elements available. If I use the Omegon ASCOM drive camera to connect the I have some Exception error from the ASCOM driver as in the screenshots.

So I carried on using the Touptek, but lets say after 5 subs, the camera just freezes, it doesnt download the image and get stuck, then I simply need to disconnect and reconnect the camera in the software (not phisically)

Then I switch to SGP, then I was able to connect the camera using the the Omegon ASCOM, but despite of the earlier challenge with the Device Profile Manager being slow when the camera is connect I was able to do about 12x300 sec. subs then the camera failed again, looking at the logs in SGP it seems to be related to the TEC temperature response.

So, the camera did not work well in NINA and SGP, I dont think this is a hardware issue, most likely the drivers needs to be reviewed, I have sent now the log files from SGP and NINA to Omegon and I hope they come back soon, I would say that at least for me if this is not solved soon, I might be returning the camera.

Attached Thumbnails

• AS Touptek connection.PNG
  • as Omegon connection.PNG

#60 melodasi

melodasi

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 18 February 2021 - 01:46 AM

If someone can make sense of the errors here are the Log Files

Attached Files

Edited by melodasi, 18 February 2021 - 01:47 AM.

#61 Euripides

Euripides

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 February 2021 - 02:00 AM

From my side, I can say that the camera works ok with ASCOM drivers, in SharpCap (Win7-Win10). I've run all the sensor tests and I make the flats there too, with no issues.

My sessions are on a RPI 4 with the latest Astroberry version - you have to use Touptek drivers (model ATR3CMOS09000KPA)I have no issues there too.

@melodasi You've mentioned the temperature. I've seen in Ekos log that soon after I start it, there is a warning "unable to retrieve camera's temperature" but nothing really happens (no crashes etc). As soon as I set the cooler (-5 in my case) the warning stops. A driver "error" ? Something else that I am missing? Who knows..

Edited by Euripides, 18 February 2021 - 02:00 AM.

#62 melodasi

melodasi

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 18 February 2021 - 02:09 AM

From my side, I can say that the camera works ok with ASCOM drivers, in SharpCap (Win7-Win10). I've run all the sensor tests and I make the flats there too, with no issues.

My sessions are on a RPI 4 with the latest Astroberry version - you have to use Touptek drivers (model ATR3CMOS09000KPA)I have no issues there too.

@melodasi You've mentioned the temperature. I've seen in Ekos log that soon after I start it, there is a warning "unable to retrieve camera's temperature" but nothing really happens (no crashes etc). As soon as I set the cooler (-5 in my case) the warning stops. A driver "error" ? Something else that I am missing? Who knows..

Yep, maybe I should also test with the SharpCap, but it needs to work with SGP or NINA, I will try to remove the ASCOM and the drivers and reinstall everything again.

#63 Euripides

Euripides

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 February 2021 - 02:11 AM

It looks great for a single sub. 

Do you mean that the stars are saturating the sensor? It's difficult to see in the image.

I've been testing Astroberry with an ASI120MC-S and the 30mm f/4 mini scope (is a guiding setup, but used for DSO as a test) and noticed that the stars of the Rosette Nebula  where nearly clipping at 30 seconds and gain 29 (unity gain for the ASI120MC-S).

The images bellow are after stacking, not single subs.

In think that I over expose them and loosing the colour. 

If anyone wanna be user want to take a look, here are 3 files (stack).

The setup:

SkyGuider Pro

Samyang 135mm , f4

Exp. = 120s x 250 ~ 8.3 hours

Gain= 100

Offset = 10

Temp = -5

30 darks

30 flats 

Guided (PHD2), dither every frame, 16 pixels.

Bortle 8 - SkyTech Triband filter

AstroPixelProcessor, pretty all automatic and with its features, I have 3 files:

Rosette_Triband_Colour - Colored

Rosette_Triband_extHa - Extracted Ha 

Rosette_Triband_extOiii - Extracted Oiii

https://www.dropbox....KtSMudtQMa?dl=0

PS. I hope I could acquire Ha data with Astronomik 12nm today to add.

Edited by Euripides, 18 February 2021 - 02:13 AM.

• fbitto likes this

#64 fbitto

fbitto

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 18 February 2021 - 03:44 AM

In think that I over expose them and loosing the colour. 

If anyone wanna be user want to take a look, here are 3 files (stack).

The setup:

SkyGuider Pro

Samyang 135mm , f4

Exp. = 120s x 250 ~ 8.3 hours

Gain= 100

Offset = 10

Temp = -5

30 darks

30 flats 

Guided (PHD2), dither every frame, 16 pixels.

Bortle 8 - SkyTech Triband filter

AstroPixelProcessor, pretty all automatic and with its features, I have 3 files:

Rosette_Triband_Colour - Colored

Rosette_Triband_extHa - Extracted Ha 

Rosette_Triband_extOiii - Extracted Oiii

https://www.dropbox....KtSMudtQMa?dl=0

PS. I hope I could acquire Ha data with Astronomik 12nm today to add.

I took a quick glance at the files, and the stars seem to be OK. I like the APP feature that allows you to extract the Ha and [OIII] before debayering and stacking. Have you tried to extract Luminance?

Your setup is similar to what I have in mind, but will be using an old Nikon 80-200 f/2.8. I've been 3D printing some brackets to hold the lens and the camera. I also printed a Nikon lens to M42x0.75 adapter. I expect to receive and adapter with a filter drawer in a few weeks. Then I´ll buy a dual or triband filter.

#65 fbitto

fbitto

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 18 February 2021 - 04:12 AM

If someone can make sense of the errors here are the Log Files

I took a look at your logs but couldn't find an obvious issue.

Dou you have the latest ASCOM framework (6.5SP1)? I don't expect it to be the problem, but I see that you have 6.5. Maybe Service Pack 1 solves some related issues.

On the other hand, in the NINA requirements section they state that there is a native driver for ToupTek, did you try that?

Direct (native) camera support
N.I.N.A. can directly interface with a wide range of popular cameras without the need for an intermediate ASCOM driver. Direct camera control is recommended over accessing the camera through ASCOM for performance reasons and to access additional camera controls that cannot be manipulated through ASCOM.

Altair
Atik
Canon
Nikon
QHYCCD
ToupTek
ZWO
FLI

#66 melodasi

melodasi

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 18 February 2021 - 04:54 AM

I took a look at your logs but couldn't find an obvious issue.

Dou you have the latest ASCOM framework (6.5SP1)? I don't expect it to be the problem, but I see that you have 6.5. Maybe Service Pack 1 solves some related issues.

On the other hand, in the NINA requirements section they state that there is a native driver for ToupTek, did you try that?

Direct (native) camera support
N.I.N.A. can directly interface with a wide range of popular cameras without the need for an intermediate ASCOM driver. Direct camera control is recommended over accessing the camera through ASCOM for performance reasons and to access additional camera controls that cannot be manipulated through ASCOM.

Altair
Atik
Canon
Nikon
QHYCCD
ToupTek
ZWO
FLI

Thanks, yes I have the latest ASCOM SP1 and yes I tried the native driver, but I had the same problem. I am till here trying to debug this.

I will try to RisingCam so lets see.

#67 melodasi

melodasi

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 19 February 2021 - 12:34 AM

Quick positive update....

Finally I got the whole system to work straight for 12 hours. Despite of the weather being terrible I put the equipment together, set two targets and let it run from 19:00 to 7:00 in the morning, and it worked without a problem.

I did not use SGP but NINA the whole night.

Prior to run these sequences, I remove all ASCOM drivers, all USB device drivers, ASCOM platform etc..., then I reinstall eveything again starting with the ASCOM Platform then the device drivers and so on, and it worked, no issues with disconnecting or freezing the camera download, so I guess the camera is not the villain.

Next time I will test with the SGP but I believe it will work also.

• Euripides and fbitto like this

#68 fbitto

fbitto

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 19 February 2021 - 03:04 AM

Quick positive update....

Finally I got the whole system to work straight for 12 hours. Despite of the weather being terrible I put the equipment together, set two targets and let it run from 19:00 to 7:00 in the morning, and it worked without a problem.

I did not use SGP but NINA the whole night.

Prior to run these sequences, I remove all ASCOM drivers, all USB device drivers, ASCOM platform etc..., then I reinstall eveything again starting with the ASCOM Platform then the device drivers and so on, and it worked, no issues with disconnecting or freezing the camera download, so I guess the camera is not the villain.

Next time I will test with the SGP but I believe it will work also.

Thanks for the good news. I hope to receive the camera today, and clear skies are expected for tonight.

#69 fbitto

fbitto

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 19 February 2021 - 01:11 PM

Well, the camera has arrived. Did some testing with NINA and everything seemed to be OK.

Then SharpCap Sensor Analysis with more than 2000 frames. The results are the same that Euripides obtained. Gain 100 for Maximum DR and gain 309 for unity gain.

Now testing with Astoberry. I keep getting some temperature related error or warning but seems to be OK,

Attached Thumbnails

• 2021-02-19 18_06_33-SharpCap Pro (v3.2.6477) - ASCOM OmegonPro Camera Driver - C__Fotos_Astrofoto_Sh.png

#70 melodasi

melodasi

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 19 February 2021 - 01:26 PM

Well, the camera has arrived. Did some testing with NINA and everything seemed to be OK.

Then SharpCap Sensor Analysis with more than 2000 frames. The results are the same that Euripides obtained. Gain 100 for Maximum DR and gain 309 for unity gain.

Now testing with Astoberry. I keep getting some temperature related error or warning but seems to be OK,

Very good. I got the same temp errors from the logs,but worked fine.

#71 fbitto

fbitto

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 19 February 2021 - 01:26 PM

Problem solved! The issue was at the Controls tab of the camera, the default value was RGB and not RAW, so the subs were at 8bit. As soon as I change that to RAW the image is again at 16.

I just wish I had a way to save this value as default to avoid making this mistake again.

Did you find a way of setting RAW as the default?

#72 Euripides

Euripides

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 19 February 2021 - 01:34 PM

Did you find a way of setting RAW as the default?

Unfortunately no :-( I've tried to save the profile through those indi controls tabs but with no luck. 

#73 Euripides

Euripides

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 19 February 2021 - 03:05 PM

I’ve got those errors (but works fine) only when I have the cooler off. Is that the same for you too?

#74 fbitto

fbitto

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 19 February 2021 - 04:16 PM

Unfortunately no :-( I've tried to save the profile through those indi controls tabs but with no luck. 

It seems that after trying several times, connecting, disconnecting, and saving the setting was saved. I don't know exactly how.

But now I'm testing other things in Windows. Will be back to Astroberry later.

#75 fbitto

fbitto

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 19 February 2021 - 04:18 PM

I’ve got those errors (but works fine) only when I have the cooler off. Is that the same for you too?

The cooler was on, I got four errors in a row, but the temperature regulation was OK.

So far I'm liking the camera. Once we deal with the little details, we'll enjoy it a lot.

Edited by fbitto, 19 February 2021 - 04:29 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics