•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

First images from new camaer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dpreneta

dpreneta

Explorer 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Buffalo, NY

Posted 13 December 2020 - 04:53 PM

Recently purchased a SwiftcamSC503, 5mp microscope camera to use on my Nikon S-Type binocular scope.  Here are a few of my first images.  Mitosis (anaphase) image was taken from a prepared slide.  The first diatom image was a single shot, the second was frame out of a video (too large to post here) from creek water collected the other day.

There are a lot of adjustment controls available with the Swiftcam software.  I found that sharpening the images too much or at all makes them look unnatural.  The objects look better with softer edges in my opinion.  Also, started experimenting with different masks and Reinberg filters, I hope to get more pics posted using these.

Anyway, enjoy the pics and drop me any comments.  Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails

• Mitosis - Anaphase 12-13-20.jpg
  • Diatom 1 12-13-20.jpg
  • Diatom 2 12-13-20.jpg

• Starman27, mikerepp, jerahian and 1 other like this

#2 dpreneta

dpreneta

Explorer 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Buffalo, NY

Posted 13 December 2020 - 04:57 PM

ugh, meant...First images from new camera.

#3 DrivingOnTheMoon

DrivingOnTheMoon

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 21 February 2021 - 08:16 PM

That's really cool, nice photos!  I remember having a toy microscope as a kid and, well, I couldn't see much of anything interesting with it.  I think it would be cool to have a decent one lying around just to check out material surfaces and for the fascination of exploring the tiny world. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics