•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

connecting SWEQ35, AsiAir, and Sky Safary help!

astrophotography beginner equipment planetarium software
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vivi

vivi

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 14 December 2020 - 05:34 PM

Help please! I am about to ban my telescope to the attic or else I risk insanity!!!! I cannot understand why the connectivity issues are sooo difficult (and the manuals from ZWO and SkyWatcher don't make it any  easier). I have a Skywatcher EvoStar 100ED with a Synscan GOTO mount (SW EQM 35), AsiAir pro, and a ZWO ASI183GT camera. I connected the ASIAir directly to the mount, bypassing the Hand control, because it is a pain to have to do 3 star alignment first, when with the ASIAir pro alignment it can be done so much accurately and faster. I used an eqmod cable to do this. I am able to connect to the camera and scope through ASIAir pro, no problem. However, when I try to also connect to Sky Safari Pro, using the IP address and port suggested  in a discussion thread (IP address: 10.0.0.1 AND  port 4030, I get the message " SkySafary can make a wireless network connection to the scope, but the scope is not responding". Can somebody please help? I am using an iPad to run the above apps.

#2 vivi

vivi

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 16 December 2020 - 07:20 PM

sorry! I did not realize this was not for astrophotography

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography, beginner, equipment, planetarium software

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics