•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Fujinon 14x40 Techno-Stabi new model TSX1440

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Jae

Jae

Apollo

• topic starter
  • Loc: New England

Posted 17 December 2020 - 02:37 PM

Anyone have any experience with the new 14x40 model TSX1440 (vs older TS1440) ? or seen any in depth reviews ?

https://www.bhphotov..._binocular.html

I had the Nikon StabilEye 14x40 with land and sea modes but it got stolen.  I did try the older Fujinon and it was basically the same as the Nikon, other than specific Nikon sample was a little sharper.

Seems the older one is a better deal when it comes back in stock.

https://www.bhphotov...tabi_Image.html

I have many stabilized binoculars but I want one specifically for boating as the large motions at sea render Canon and others  less effective by a large margin.

Thanks

#2 hallelujah

hallelujah

Cosmos

• Loc: North Star over Colorado

Posted 17 December 2020 - 02:42 PM

https://www.bestbino...lars-review-10/

Stan

• Jae likes this

#3 Jae

Jae

Apollo

• topic starter

Posted 17 December 2020 - 02:49 PM

Stan, I saw that review but it wasn't clear that the reviewer actually tested one first hand.  I think he got the fov wrong at 263ft which would be 5 degrees, I was excited about that as the old one was 210ft or 4 degrees.

But here it states its the same 4 degrees as the old:

https://www.fujifilm...x.html#ts-x1440

Only way to find out is to just buy one I guess....like I need another binocular lol.....

#4 Jae

Jae

Apollo

• topic starter

Posted 17 December 2020 - 03:05 PM

Figures you have to search differently for the right group that values this type of IS.

There seems to be a huge difference in the lag when panning between the old and the new.  So I guess I'll get one and report back.

https://www.thehullt...noculars-2.html

https://www.youtube....h?v=MK1eoHu3Rs0

#5 drt3d

drt3d

Ranger 4

• Loc: Cleveland Ohio USA

Posted 17 December 2020 - 03:05 PM

The B&H reviews from boaters seem enthusiastic.

You can always return them using B&H's generous return policy if you are not happy.

I have had two Fuji stabilized binoculars and I thought that they were better than the Canon 15x50 optically. But in both binoculars the IS died. After that, I am not buying any more Fuji IS binoculars.

George

• Jae likes this

#6 Full Sun

Full Sun

Messenger

• Loc: NOTL, Ontario

Posted 17 December 2020 - 03:07 PM

I would be very interested to learn of any improvements though I expect few observers can answer this question.

It seems to me that the fine people at ’ Land See and Sky ’ may have the best perspective of this as they are knowledgable about binoculars in general.

The reviewer in ‘Best Bino’ doesn’t really appear to have actually handled them.

I bought my second pair, 1st generation just a few months back thinking that they were now made in China, but they are stamped on the body -Japan, so that came as a surprise.

Edited by Full Sun, 17 December 2020 - 03:13 PM.

• Jae likes this

#7 Jae

Jae

Apollo

• topic starter

Posted 17 December 2020 - 03:21 PM

The B&H reviews from boaters seem enthusiastic.

You can always return them using B&H's generous return policy if you are not happy.

I have had two Fuji stabilized binoculars and I thought that they were better than the Canon 15x50 optically. But in both binoculars the IS died. After that, I am not buying any more Fuji IS binoculars.

George

That's too bad George.  I wouldn't buy another after that either. 

I had my Nikon for a long time and I know they are made by Fujinon and it was a work horse for me on the boat.  Hopefully whatever issue they had, it's been addressed on the new model. 

#8 Jae

Jae

Apollo

• topic starter

Posted 17 December 2020 - 03:22 PM

I would be very interested to learn of any improvements though I expect few observers can answer this question.

It seems to me that the fine people at ’ Land See and Sky ’ may have the best perspective of this as they are knowledgable about binoculars in general.

The reviewer in ‘Best Bino’ doesn’t really appear to have actually handled them.

I bought my second pair, 1st generation just a few months back thinking that they were now made in China, but they are stamped on the body -Japan, so that came as a surprise.

The youtube video where they pan the bino was a huge improvement that I'm really looking forward to seeing first hand.  There was no lag compared to the large lag that can make you feel sea sick.

And the Hull Truth guy that bought one was so thrilled he bought another one, saying there is no comparison to the old one.

Edited by Jae, 17 December 2020 - 03:26 PM.

#9 edwincjones

edwincjones

Close Enough

Posted 17 December 2020 - 05:10 PM

Apollio,

I have been reviewing, and considering buying.  My impression so far.

The newer fujinon TSX has improvements over the older TS, but not sure if worth the higher price.

This seems to be the best, at least for boating, unless one considers the more expensive Fraser (maybe misspelled)

I am also looking at the lighter weight Kite APC 16x42, as probably better for birding ,but not available in US yet

and not as durable.

It is unclear to me if either are better for astronomy than the Canons.

BirdForum-binoculars has a lot of information if you have not checked.

edj

#10 entrolix

entrolix

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 21 July 2021 - 11:32 PM

I am interested in how these compare to the Canon 15x50 IS. Would love to hear a first-hand report from someone who has tried both.

Edited by entrolix, 21 July 2021 - 11:32 PM.

#11 edwincjones

edwincjones

Close Enough

Posted 22 July 2021 - 04:50 AM

I am interested in how these compare to the Canon 15x50 IS. Would love to hear a first-hand report from someone who has tried both.

there is another Fujinon TS-X thread from last year that compares to Canon on CN

(sorry but cannot find this am) but first hand reports limited.

edj

#12 Rich V.

Rich V.

Cosmos

• Loc: Lake Tahoe area, Nevada

Posted 22 July 2021 - 10:07 AM

there is another Fujinon TS-X thread from last year that compares to Canon on CN

(sorry but cannot find this am) but first hand reports limited.

edj

Maybe this one:

https://www.cloudyni...inon-ts-x-1440/

#13 edwincjones

edwincjones

Close Enough

Posted 22 July 2021 - 01:37 PM

waytogo.gif

post #10 TSX vs C 10x42

#24 TSX vs C 12x36

# 62,63,79 TSX vs C 15x50

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics