(edit to add:)
Yes, that is perfect - exactly the same as the one I was working on earlier. (on your first picture, you can see the little locking tab that holds the wiring block into the housing - so yes, this will work the same. Your reply came in as I was typing this up.
Here goes - this is how you fix the pinouts on these DB-9 adapters, in the event that they are wired incorrectly. Note: you do not change the pins at the DB-9 connector side, you actually change them at the RJ-11 jack. This is important.
So, first thing is first - pop the DB-9 out of the plastic housing (as seen in Sharon's post #29 above) Now, with a small flat blade screwdriver insert it into the slot seen near the left of this image:
Now the little plastic piece with the RJ pins slides out of the housing as seen in my picture above.
These pins can be straightened out, and pulled free from the plastic block. All you have to do is rearrange them to the correct order and bend them back. The whole thing slides back in (there are little grooves on the sides) and snaps in place. Make sure the pins are nice and straight, and in the correct slots first!
Here I rearranged the pins on this one, to correspond to my SkyWizard 3 (same as the Advanced Astro Master) in a few minutes. It's kinda finicky keeping the pins lined up, but it worked in one shot.... I just confirmed it minutes ago with my tablet and Sky Safari. (tried NGC Max / Skywizard and Celestron Astromaster - all confirmed working.)
For Sharon's fix - I believe this image may help:
So the red wire was moved to RJ pin #4 - This is also the same color and location for Sharon's.
My yellow wire was moved to RJ pin #3 - This would be Sharon's green wire.
And my black wire was moved to RJ pin #2 - this would be the yellow wire.
Also, the RJ pin positions on these, I wrote while looking at the plastic block - wiring in left hand, and locking tab for the plastic housing on wiring block facing down (away) if that makes any sense. If you look closely at the first picture above, you will see that there are actually an empty groove on each end near the pins, so pay attention here - just remove one, and see where it is - don't take it completely apart.
I believe this will get you sorted out. If not, the things are like a dollar or something online, if there is a failure. Personally, I'd just make a cable, but not everyone has the crimper for them. This just illustrates another possible method.
Hope this helps,
Let us know if it works for 'ya.
Edited by telesonic, 08 January 2021 - 08:33 PM.