After a few years in storage, I unpacked my LS to discover that at the time of packing it away, I had got frustrated with non-functional firmware... to now find that the challenge to get it working was a bit bigger now.
After much googling and resorting to an old Windows XP VM, I managed to get a working version of v1.6e installed.
So, to make it easier for anyone else needing to go through a recovery/update of your LightSwitch, I've put copies of the firmware versions 1.6a, 1.6d and 1.6e, along with the latest versions of the Autostar Updater 5.01 and Autostar Suite 6.1 in one location for download:
Lightswitch SD card creation instructions:
1. Format a 1GB or 2GB SD card to FAT32 (use default allocation size sectors), on Windows XP or Windows 7 (Windows 10 does not work). Now copy the following onto the fresh card, in the order specified.
2. Copy FIRMWARE.bin to the SD card.
3. Copy FlashFirmware.bin to the SD card.
4. Copy the Maps, Menus, Objects, Tours and then User folders to the SD card.
5. The SD card is now ready for use in Lightswitch telescope and should boot with an announcement showing this firmware version.