•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Finder Shoe for AT60ED?

accessories equipment refractor
  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#26 swsantos

swsantos

Ranger 4

• Loc: Rhode Island

Posted 20 January 2021 - 01:13 PM

They all look the same in the dark.

The edges of the PrimaLuca red bases look like they don't contact the OTA.  Does this really match the curvature of the AT60ED?  Maybe it matches better than the black bases?

Mike

It does match the red color to my eyes.

I meant match as in color not as in the curvatures matching... the edges do not contact the telescope but they almost do and there is a much greater area of contact along its radius of curvature than what you would get with a flat base with only a single point of tangential contact.

I had originally ordered the Alstar one from Amazon and really decided then that I did not like the flat base aspect of it so I returned it and looked for one with a curved base and found this one. The fact that its red was an extra bonus but not the motivation. I really wanted a curved base so it would not have a stuck-on look.

It looks like it was made for it unlike even the OEM ATShoe frankly.

Edited by swsantos, 20 January 2021 - 03:31 PM.

• Sarkikos, BFaucett and duck2k like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: accessories, equipment, refractor

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics