•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Bardou Rifle Range Scope

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dorn

Dorn

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 08 January 2021 - 01:08 AM

Hi.  I am new here.  A few years ago I picked up this Bardou and son scope.   I finally got around to trying to fix this.  When I got it, the objective lens was shattered.  I am curious how I would go about finding a replacement.  The lens diameter seams to be about 2" or 50mm.  The well in which it sits is about 1/4" deep.  Any information to help me bring this back to life would be appreciated.  Also within the individual tube mounts there is a thin cloth buffer to keep the tubes from rubbing on each other.  Most are still intact and functional, but some are missing.  Any suggestions on this would be helpful as well.

Sorry I am not sure how to upload photos.

Thanks

#2 Mike E.

Mike E.

Gemini

• Loc: Moonstone Observatory

Posted 08 January 2021 - 05:23 AM

Hello, and welcome to Cloudy Nights. Sounds like you have a draw tube type scope from around the early 1900's. Someone more knowledgeable than I will most likely chime in soon, but you may also want to consider googling " Antique Telescope Society Forum " as an option for help.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics