•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Riccardi Reducer for Tak FS-102 and APM 140 APO?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cmfrommen

cmfrommen

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Norway

Posted 11 January 2021 - 12:32 PM

Hi there,

I recently bought a Takahashi FS-102 (f/8) and just now an APM 140 (f/7) SD APO with the smaller 2.5" focuser. Depending on seeing conditions I will either use the 4" or the larger version. I would also like to do some basic astrophotography with those two refractors (either with a Canon APS-C format DSLR or a ZWO ASI 294MC Pro).

Question: Will the small Riccardi 0.75x reducer with M63x1 thread be a good match for both scopes? I like to save some money and buy a reducer that hopefully produces good results on both scopes. Is this feasible?

I have a M72 to M68 adapter from Baader installed on the TAK and could then use a M63-M68 adapter and screw the reducer into the drawtube. On the camera side I can use adjustable M48 or T2 extensions to reach the correct backfocus spacings. Similar procedure for the APM refractor.

Any thoughts on this?

CS

Christoph

#2 dan_1984

dan_1984

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Europe

Posted 11 January 2021 - 01:47 PM

Hi there,

I recently bought a Takahashi FS-102 (f/8) and just now an APM 140 (f/7) SD APO with the smaller 2.5" focuser. Depending on seeing conditions I will either use the 4" or the larger version. I would also like to do some basic astrophotography with those two refractors (either with a Canon APS-C format DSLR or a ZWO ASI 294MC Pro).

Question: Will the small Riccardi 0.75x reducer with M63x1 thread be a good match for both scopes? I like to save some money and buy a reducer that hopefully produces good results on both scopes. Is this feasible?

I have a M72 to M68 adapter from Baader installed on the TAK and could then use a M63-M68 adapter and screw the reducer into the drawtube. On the camera side I can use adjustable M48 or T2 extensions to reach the correct backfocus spacings. Similar procedure for the APM refractor.

Any thoughts on this?

CS

Christoph

The Riccardi will work with the APM 140 SD. Off course you should check the backfocus in order to get the correct spacers.

I got my Riccardi from telescope-express.de

#3 cmfrommen

cmfrommen

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Norway

Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:35 AM

The Riccardi will for sure work on the APM.

But how about the TAK FS-102? I have heard that most people use either the expensive TAK FC-35 (0.66x) reducer, or another TAK reducer for FC100 (F5.9) or a TeleVue 0.8x.

I haven't seen any reports about a TAK user employing the Riccardi (0.75x) reducer...maybe I missed that?

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics